OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why don't you hear about Kahles MultiZero more?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Why don't you hear about Kahles MultiZero more?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sakomato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why don't you hear about Kahles MultiZero more?
    Posted: January/18/2013 at 18:53
Am I just weird or like weird stuff?

Cause I have 2 Kahles scopes with the MultiZero function, a Zeiss with the RapidZ 800 and a couple of cranking turret scopes and the MultiZero's are hands down the easiest to use and most accurate for long distance adjustments

Does anyone else have one or use it?

For those not familiar the elevation turret has marks on it which you can easily set for whatever distance you want and there is a zero stop so the turret always stops at your predetermined zero

For instance I set mine for a zero at 200 yds so it needs no mark, just rotate the turret counterclockwise and it will stop at exactly the same place everytime.  So you don't need a mark for 200 yds

But the other marks I have set at 300, 400, 500 & 600 yds (you could set for 400, 600, 800 & 1000)

You can move the marks with any sharp object like a pen or the tool they provide (the silver ring is indented from the knurled black ring and won't move by itself)

If you have an intermediate range you can interpolate the setting and just shoot

540 yds

430 yds

It comes with a nice cap to protect the turret

Kahles glass is excellent and I would rate it with Zeiss, Swarovski et al

Move it to another rifle and no worries if your new caliber will fit the reticle, just reset the marks and go

So what's the problem?

Edited by sakomato - January/18/2013 at 18:58
Guns only have 2 enemies, rust and politicians
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2013 at 20:16
I have the same function on my Leatherwood M1000... love it. Very versatile capability.
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
jonoMT View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2013 at 21:13
I think it's a great system...better than any BDC setup. I came super close to buying one, but got into mil/mil scopes. Now I've got drops memorized in mils every 25 yards from 200 to 600. If not, I'd still consider the multizero.
Reaction time is a factor...
Sgt. D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2013 at 21:35
It is an awesome scope. Its not heard of cause Kahles can't seem to get its act together here in the US.
There was hope that Chris (SWFA) was gonna be carrying them but that fell thru as well. Its a shame too. They are great scopes and if you find one these days you'll likely pay dearly for it. Maybe at some point down the road they'll wake up and get back over here.
Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2013 at 21:37
Timing they were also given up when Khales wasn't repd well.

For whatever reason they didn't sell to hot.

I don't think people understood them.

Burris had a Multi Plex reticle and Turret System that was color coated to the Sako Quad.

As far as the MultiZero:

I have 4 of them.

They are all used for different loads.

I do not use them for the yardage but rather the differing bullets...  I use a PBR type Zero for them...

1 on a .22lr 

1 on a .243win

1 on a 280REM

1 on a 7mm Mag.

I forget sometimes which A, B, or C.

For the subs I enjoy them the best.

It makes it easy for me to hand the rifle to anyone else to shoot and they can start making hits.

Mine all have the 4a type reticle I would love to have them in a Mil type, man that would be the cats meow... Yes, I understand the MIL scope but for every stinking load and differing brand of 22lr to have memorized HECK NO........

Edited by 338LAPUASLAP - January/19/2013 at 07:37
No one
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2013 at 23:54
Kahles distribution has changed a few times, but their US outfit is now run by Ken Pratt in Idaho.  He has been at it for a bit over a year and it seems to be working well.  Ken is a good guy and new Kahles scopes seem to be making reasonable inroads back into the US market.

They do not bring all of their scopes into US, but the ones they do seem to be intelligently selected and their quality is absolutely superb.

I stay in touch with the guy who runs their worldwide sales efforts and they seem to be doing fairly well all in all.

SWFA has their new scopes on the website, so it seems like they do carry them:

To address the original question: I have used Kahles Multizero scopes a fair bit and I like them.  They worked well and were easy to adjust.  

ILya
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2013 at 00:24
Agree with Ilya..
I have owned the Multzero CL and liked it a lot.
And Ken Pratt is good people and in this for the long haul.

www.TacticalGunReview.com

Pro Staff - Silencer Shop

http://tacticalgunreview.com

sakomato View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sakomato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2013 at 09:39
Well it just seems like nobody is talking about it or buying it and pretty soon they will discontinue the MultiZero system because of lack of interest and sales (other than 338Lapua and I)

Of course when they discontinue it they will go on sale at a greatly reduced price!  Excellent

Which is exactly how I bought my 2 at $600 each when they discontinued it in the 1" tubed CL's I have now.
stickbow46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2013 at 11:32
Is there a difference between Swaro balistic turrets & Kahles multi zero?
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
sakomato View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sakomato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2013 at 12:08
Originally posted by stickbow46 stickbow46 wrote:

Is there a difference between Swaro balistic turrets & Kahles multi zero?

Good question

Looks like when Swarovski briefly owned Kahles they borrowed the internal technology but made some changes

• Turret turns in different direction
  • There are only 3 settings for the BT as opposed to 4 for the Kahles (4 is better)
  • It does not have a turret cap (I prefer to have a turret cap)
  • They have a calculator on their website (There is an easy system that I use to preset all the marks without shooting at long range)
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2013 at 19:57
I like my swaro ballistic turret
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
stickbow46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2013 at 21:32
Thanks sako.
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
brodeur272 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brodeur272 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2013 at 19:13
Swarovski BT was pretty much a modified MultiZero.  I've had both and I prefer the MZ.  I believe Kahles is still owned by Swarovski, but they are a separate division.  That was the last I knew.

I don't see many MZ for sale so that tells me that there must be some satisfied owners.  I have 4 of them myself and won't get rid of them...
JGRaider View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRaider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2013 at 20:40
Originally posted by brodeur272 brodeur272 wrote:

Swarovski BT was pretty much a modified MultiZero.  I've had both and I prefer the MZ.  I believe Kahles is still owned by Swarovski, but they are a separate division.  That was the last I knew.

I don't see many MZ for sale so that tells me that there must be some satisfied owners.  I have 4 of them myself and won't get rid of them...

Negative
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2013 at 20:59
Interesting the relationship regardless.

I have had 10x ZFM scopes that were identical in every way that had Swarovski on one and Kahles on the other. 30 yr old scopes. 

I have even returned Kahles To Swaro within the last 10 years.  I believe the paperwork in the Kahles box was Swaro as well.

Within the last 5 years I have had a horrible time trying to figure out what is what.

No one
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2013 at 22:54
Originally posted by JGRaider JGRaider wrote:

Negative

Are you sure about that?

Last I heard Kahles was still owned by the Swarovski family, but was run entirely independently from Swarovski Sport Optics.

ILya
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/2013 at 00:43
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

Negative

Are you sure about that?

Last I heard Kahles was still owned by the Swarovski family, but was run entirely independently from Swarovski Sport Optics.

ILya

That's the way I understand it.

Without getting into the particulars there was an agreement made between the two families....  and they do not share technologies. 
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
JGRaider View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRaider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/2013 at 08:58
Well, I'm under the impression that that relationship ended a few years ago and was apparent when Swaro severed the Kahles service ties.   That's why Kahles has been is such disarray here over the past 3-4 years.  In the best case, Swaro may technically still own them but they have no relationship whatsoever other than that.  Kahles completely does their own thing in every aspect of business.  As far as the G&O guys are concerned that I talk to, Kahles is competition like everybody else. 
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/2013 at 09:02
I can't see the benefit of that kind of relationship!
take em!
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/31/2013 at 21:45

Well, I'm under the impression that that relationship ended a few years ago and was apparent when Swaro severed the Kahles service ties.   That's why Kahles has been is such disarray here over the past 3-4 years.  In the best case, Swaro may technically still own them but they have no relationship whatsoever other than that.  Kahles completely does their own thing in every aspect of business.  As far as the G&O guys are concerned that I talk to, Kahles is competition like everybody else. 
Cussing
No one
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic