OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Need a scope part or advise.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rat Rod Mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need a scope part or advise.
    Posted: February/20/2013 at 13:20
Long story short,, slipped on a patch of ice and feet went straight out and up, had my rifle slung over my shoulder so when I landed scope ocular was buried in the ice. Broke the lense in the ocular. Other than that and putting a large dent in the adjustment turrent cap scope seems to be ok. The scope is an older Weaver that says K-4  60-B on it. Don't know if it's worth sending off some where to get fixed. ( don't know where ) or if someone has another that is broken on the other end that wouldn't mind screwing the ocular bell off of their's and selling it to me. Any takers or advise? Thanks.     RRM
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2013 at 13:22

contact/send it to weaver. 

"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2013 at 13:31

WELCOME to OT,RRM.

Here you go.  Gotta keep those ol'Weavers runnin'.  I'm still running two.

Edited by 300S&W - February/21/2013 at 08:13
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
Rat Rod Mac View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rat Rod Mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2013 at 13:43
Thanks fell'as. I didn't think the NEW Weaver company would mess with the older U.S.A. made models. I'll get in touch and see what they have to say. Thanks again.   RRM
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2013 at 13:53

GOOD LUCK.  Let us know how you make out if you would.
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2013 at 15:36
You would be ahead to get a new scope. The optics in the last 25 years are light years ahead of what they were pre 80s. Nostalgic scopes are good to look at, but hard to look thru.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
Rat Rod Mac View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rat Rod Mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2013 at 20:34
3_tens, you are probably right. I was hoping maybe someone on here may have had an old Weaver like mine that was also damaged on the objective bell end and would be interested in screwing off the ocular end and selling it to me. May save me from a lot of hassles. If I do get it fixed, I was just going to use it on an old .22 rifle that my kid and his buddies use back in the strip mine. You know, a beater rifle. Anyway, thanks for your reply. I appreciate it.       RRM
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/21/2013 at 08:20

It's been awhile since I had any of my old Weavers reconditioned and that was by Frank Ruiz (WSPS).  Ironsight bought Frank's inventory of parts when he closed shop.  Anyways,I had one variable x scope that had the ocular end and lens replaced plus whatever else was needed to bring it up to par.  Cost was less than $70.  I haven't had any dealings with Ironsight so don't know what kind of price you'd be looking at.  If it's too much then of course 3_tens is right. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic