OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

s&w m&p sights

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: s&w m&p sights
    Posted: February/26/2013 at 19:42
I have Novak night sights that I am not overly impressed with something better out there??
Sparky View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2013 at 22:06
Why?
rustic View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2013 at 22:19
Hard to explain but, don't line up well if that makes any sense?? I would think there has to be something better?

Edited by rustic - February/26/2013 at 22:28
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2013 at 22:36
I like my Novak sights, no issues at all.
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Sparky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2013 at 22:55
Originally posted by rustic rustic wrote:

Hard to explain but, don't line up well if that makes any sense?? I would think there has to be something better?

I have no issues with my Novak sights. And I think you would be very hard pressed to find anything better. For something different I would look at Heinie straight eight sights or 10-8 Performance rear sights.
rustic View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2013 at 23:01
Originally posted by Sparky Sparky wrote:

Hard to explain but, don't line up well if that makes any
sense?? I would think there has to be something better?

I have no issues with my Novak sights. And I think you would be very hard pressed to find anything better. For something different I would look at Heinie straight eight sights or 10-8 Performance rear sights.

I was looking at friend's glock while the glock didn't feel natural the sights seemed much more user friendly?
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2013 at 09:47
If your just looking for brands; how about Meprolite, Trijicon, or Tru-glo.
I use a set of Tru-glo (I think that's how you spell it) night sights on a Glock I use for competition. The sights show up well in day and night matches.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2013 at 12:12
The Novak night sights use and are stamped Trijicon. It sounds like the OP has trouble looking down Novak sights in general regardless if they were night sights, fiber, or standard paint.

Hmmm, maybe if they had Leupold stamped on them.... Thinking

“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
rustic View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2013 at 12:49
Originally posted by mike650 mike650 wrote:

The Novak night sights use and are stamped Trijicon. It sounds like the OP has trouble looking down Novak sights in general regardless if they were night sights, fiber, or standard paint.

Hmmm, maybe if they had Leupold stamped on them.... Thinking

Funny guy ;)

No, the stock block sights seem better thought out??
rustic View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2013 at 13:22
I like ergonomics on the smith much more than any glock but, I find I find the stock Glock sights very fast and easy to pick up on and align. I also like that the glock sights are plastic too - any plastic m&p sight manufactures out there??
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2013 at 13:27
Funny, most people and agencies find the plastic sights the weak point on a Glock.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2013 at 13:34
I was going to say something but.....nah. 
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
rustic View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2013 at 13:53
Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

Funny, most people and agencies find the plastic sights the weak point on a Glock.

I read some reviews on glock sights they were all pretty good? That is part of the reason I brought them up.
Sparky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2013 at 13:54

+1
rustic View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2013 at 15:42

+1

Durability is not high on my list - the pistol stays in my truck. No other sight manufactures??
maxfly View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/2013 at 00:10
try 10-8
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/2013 at 07:32

+1

Durability is not high on my list - the pistol stays in my truck. No other sight manufactures??
We know its all about weight..... wonder who makes a set of aftermarket lightweight sites for the M&P?   I mean personally I'd just leave the sites off and eyeball it to save the weight myselfBucky
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
rustic View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/2013 at 09:06
^ Neither durability and lightweight or very high on a glove box gun. Just that the stock novak night sights that came with the pistol seem under par.
Asking what else is out there??
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/2013 at 11:21
Well I just checked 67 pages of S&W parts from that company a.k.a. 1/2way and they had night sights from Trigicon, Meprolite, Truglo, Novak, Hiviz, and one or two more, for the M&P. If you can't find something there that suits you, then your pretty picky for a truck gun.
I haven't even checked brownies yet.
rustic View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/2013 at 11:40

Well I just checked 67 pages of S&W parts from that company a.k.a. 1/2way and they had night sights from Trigicon, Meprolite, Truglo, Novak, Hiviz, and one or two more, for the M&P. If you can't find something there that suits you, then your pretty picky for a truck gun.
I haven't even checked brownies yet.

I was just ask'n if anyone had any experience with something other than... and liked it??
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic