OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Zeiss Conquest vs Conquest HD5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zeiss Conquest vs Conquest HD5
    Posted: March/12/2013 at 09:32
Getting ready to re-scope a 6BR squirrel/bench gun. Want Zeiss Conquest...just not sure if the HD5 is worth the extra $200-$250. I do like the 5-25x over the 6.5x20x, but I'm wondering if there is a clarity/optics advantage too? There's supposed to be better coatinigs, right?

Has anyone been able to discern a difference in the optical quality between the two?

Thanks!
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/12/2013 at 09:48
Just having the varible power rating be minimum less than 6.5 would be enough for me.
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
jackofalltrades View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackofalltrades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/12/2013 at 15:34
I just bought the new HD and I can not really speak to the clarity difference. I do like the wider range of zoom and the optics are great, but they may not be better than the regular conquest. I am not sure if they are going to continue their normal conquest line so that could make some difference.
RAG View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/13/2013 at 00:11
Yeah, I do like the idea of wider range of zoom...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic