OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Bushnell Elite 4200

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bushnell Elite 4200
    Posted: April/27/2006 at 14:54

I was looking at the 4200 and was wondering what the knobs were like on the 4-16 and 6-24?  Do they have the return to zero like the Leupold tactical, etc.? I will be shooting targets and varmints.  Also, how is the Multi-X reticle vs the mil-dot, for varmints?  It looks like the 6-24 is the only one with mil-dot.

Thanks

Edited by .308
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/27/2006 at 15:19
Originally posted by .308 .308 wrote:

I was looking at the 4200 and was wondering what the knobs were like on the 4-16 and 6-24?  Do they have the return to zero like the Leupold tactical, etc.? I will be shooting targets and varmints.  Also, how is the Multi-X reticle vs the mil-dot, for varmints?  It looks like the 6-24 is the only one with mil-dot.

Thanks

I would stick with the 4-16 version.

Too much magnification is not helpful UNLESS your shooting BR.

For the varmints you referred too, I'd stick with the lower mag.

Great glass!!!

Eye relief is suspect, IMO, but decent.

Roy Finn, a member here, has a 4200 on a .300 Win mag, so there goes that theory.    

Mil Dots are not ideal for varmints, but workable.

I'd stick with a Duplex and "click". 

I'm not sure on the knobs. Sorry.

Edited by cheaptrick
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
macky View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/28/2006 at 12:39

Not a Great Picture but maybe this will help .... it's an Elite 4200 6-24X40

There are markings on the base and the knobs ... once adjusted they can be moved so "0" lines up with the "marker" (this has not been moved to line up the zero)

This one is Mil-Dot .... I personally have "No Problem" with the 6-24 .... I don't shoot "Handheld" .... either bench or tripod ... and the 6-24 is great for a 100 yard range.  Most people on this board tend to go with lower power .... I like the higher and so far have had no problem.  I wouldn't walk around the woods with it hoping to take a quick shoulder shot but my kind of hunting and shooting where I have time to line up my shots (I'm far enough away that they never see it coming) works fine.

.308 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/28/2006 at 14:41

Thanks Cheaptrick and Macky.

I guess the 4-16 would have the same knobs???

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic