OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Super Sniper Variable

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121314
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stgraves260 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/13/2011 at 23:29
4.5-18x42 Tasco SS. Yeah that would be nice. But I guess im difficult. Im just looking for a rifle scope in that power range FFP or not. As long as the mill dots are correct on 14 power. And it must have 1/2 moa click value. Call me stubborn but thats what I want. Im even willing to spent a grand if I get what I want. Leupold makes a 2.5-10x 40 with 1/2moa click value for $1500. A little high for such low power. Then Burris makes a really nice 4-16x50 XTR for $800. And the mill dots are correct on 14 power. But same prob with the click value. 1/4 inch. I have a SS 10x42m on my 260. I like it but wish it had 1/2 moa click value. 14 power would be great too. Any stronger than that you pick up to much haze from the sun. To each his own I guess. Leupold special built a rifle scope for Grey Bull Precision with 1/3 moa click value and the power range is good too. 4-16x50. I just hate the range finder thats on it. Bares? Guess I dont get that. Stay with the regular mill dots. They work just fine. I poped a ground hog at 435 yrds with my 260 and my 10x42 SS M. Yep I even juged the range with my mill dot scope and mill dot master.  Worked just fine on a 9-10" target. Even the wind was good at 6mph.  Leupold or Burris please help!!! You both make this power scope. What's the big deal about just adding 1/2 moa click value for elevation. Howdy
Don't worry about the thangs you can't change.
stork23raz View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stork23raz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/15/2011 at 15:24

a mildot reticle with a tic in between the  the dots would be all I woudl want.  Its not overly bulky but very useful. You still got the mildot and all the advatanges that come witht that plus a thing mark that just easliy catches a 1.5 mils for holds or measuring. I think sightrons Modified mildots is pretty much what I would want.

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Matthew 10:28
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121314
  Share Topic