OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

POSP M6D PRO range report

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: POSP M6D PRO range report
    Posted: May/04/2006 at 17:53

Hello Gentlemen

I am new to optics talk and would like to share some of my optics expirence with you and learn from you also on optics I have not tried. My range report today is on the faboulas russian POSP M6D PRO with the rissian Mil Dot reticle mounted on a NDM 86.

Resolution comparible to a leupold pre index matched VX III.

Mount is very secure and did not get loose

after 40 rounds of Black hills .308 175gr hpbt.

Mil dot reticle is true not like sightrons or Burris

which I have found inconsistant.

1/2 MOA adjustments are true and easy to operate.

30MM magnification is 8X and objective 42MM

Red lighted reticle is bright.

Construction is very robust and Russian Military finish is Hammer grey.

Cost is around $180 for this scope. Conclusion: A true tactical scope in my opinion.

Best group .65 MOA

I would like to know if any of you have any expierience with a SVDS and with what optic.

Thank you

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2006 at 18:14
Originally posted by SVD666 SVD666 wrote:

the rissian Mil Dot reticle

Do you have a pic of the "rissian Mil Dot reticle", Brother?? 

Great review!! Thanks!! 

Welcome to The OT!!!

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2006 at 18:19
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2006 at 18:33

LOL

I was just kidding with ya.

I thought you mispelled Russian and spelled rissian instead.

So.....It's called rissian??

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2006 at 09:11
Nice write up!!!!!
Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2006 at 10:30

Hello

It is Russian, my spelling is going down the drain after my recent purchase of a crate of Bourboun that was on sale.

I also meant to say it was a 30MM tube. I will post a picture of the scope and rifle tonight.

Tomac View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2006 at 15:13

I've used that scope on my .308 NDM-86 and my son still does, good scope for the NDM-86. I'm now using the 1P21 3-9x42 for my fun shooting, fast & accurate ranging/BDC out to 900m so far (I've learned to compensate for the BDC's 7.62x54 trajectory & the 168gr match I shoot). I've included a couple of shots of their different reticles looking at the 750m gong at my local range.

Tomac

Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2006 at 16:48
Very nice Tomac.
Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/2006 at 12:55

This was my very first post here at the OT. I would like to give a update on this fine scope.

So far there has been about 300 rounds of Black Hills .308 175gr bthp shot with this scope

without any problems and exellent reapeatability. This scope is by far my best recommendation

for russian small arms for under $200. It will fit the AK,RPK,Vipr,Tigr,SVD,SVDS,SKS,Saiga

some Tokarevs and Nagants and larger machine guns fitted with a small arms side rail. Alot

of rifles can be fitted with a russian side rail and will make cool inexpensive little custom shooters.

Oh by the way stay away from Kalika optics get one from russia, if anyone wants one just PM me

and I will hook you up with a exellent seller.

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/2006 at 14:21
I do not know about getting one straight from Russia (I would not give my credit card number to a Russian company), but I found that dealing with Tantal is the way to go for Russian optics.

ILya
Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/2006 at 14:30
Yes Tantal is very good, another safe way is through ebay from a seller named kabacan.
Tomac View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/2006 at 18:53

Yes Tantal is very good, another safe way is through ebay from a seller named kabacan.

+1. That's where I've purchased all 3 of mine. The latest version has nice indicator plates for the turrets to more easily find/mark the click indicator.

Tomac

ceylonc View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceylonc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/2006 at 20:52
Any way to get these scopes with standard picatinny or weaver rings?  Might be an interesting scope atop a tactical bolt rifle???
Tomac View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/2006 at 21:27

Originally posted by ceylonc ceylonc wrote:

Any way to get these scopes with standard picatinny or weaver rings?  Might be an interesting scope atop a tactical bolt rifle???

Not that I'm aware of...

Tomac

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/2006 at 21:43
Good part:  I've seen these scopes with an integrated weaver/picatinny mount

Bad part:  I think I've seen them at Kalinka Optics which are not the best outfit to deal with if you have a problem.

ILya
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/2006 at 21:49
As a side note, if anyone new to Russian scopes chances on this thread, here are a few words of caution:

Russian military style POSP and PSO scopes work fairly well and are fairly rugged.  Fixed magnification scopes are more rugged than zoom scopes and have been around longer.

Other russian scopes that need separate rings to be mounted have notoriously spotty QC and should be avoided.

ILya
Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/28/2006 at 00:12

Ceylonc, it is only available with the dragonav reticle. The movement is very differnet also.

I do not recommend this scope for precision work with a bolt gun.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-SNIPER-RIFLE-SCOPE-POSP-8x42-WD-WEAV ER_W0QQitemZ110035992089QQihZ001QQcategoryZ3636QQrdZ1QQcmdZV iewItem

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/28/2006 at 00:32

Ceylonc, it is only available with the dragonav reticle. The movement is very differnet also.

I do not recommend this scope for precision work with a bolt gun.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-SNIPER-RIFLE-SCOPE-POSP-8x42-WD-WEAV ER_W0QQitemZ110035992089QQihZ001QQcategoryZ3636QQrdZ1QQcmdZV iewItem

What do you mean by the movement being different?

ILya
Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/28/2006 at 00:34

It is not a 1/2 MOA movement it is 1MOA. It also has less elevation adjustment.

This model does not have the long range knobs, the inverted chevron is a little thick also.

http://www.sniperworld.com/books/scope_5.html

Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/28/2006 at 01:02

Anybody that is interested in russian scopes of any kind feel free to post your questions on this post.

I have alot of expierience with russian military equipment and parts. For example there is a new polymer

hanguard available for the SVD with a built in weaver rail that allows for alot more mounting options

Izmash also has a exellent new bipod that ataches to this rail. There is a version of the SVD called

a Romak-3 that uses a AK style reciever and a diferent gas operating system, it should be avoided at any

cost,it is not a true sniper rifle.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic