OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Mounts & Accessories > Rings and bases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Tikka Hunter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlipski01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tikka Hunter
    Posted: May/07/2006 at 07:37
Just bought one of these rifles in a 6.5 x 55 SE. The rifle is OK for the money but beware; the rings that are supplied have screws that are soft as butter. They are garbage !! I used Talley light weight aluminum instead with excellent results. Also, the filler screws that come from the factory to plug the scope base plate holes on top of the receiver are made of PLASTIC. Yes plastic !!! It took me an hour to remove them. The srew slot stripped as soon as I tried to remove them. I actually had to very carefully punch them into the action to get them out. What the hell is Tikka (Sako) thinking . How much can 4 metal screws cost ?? I guess you get what you pay for. 
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2006 at 08:30

Welcome to The OT!!!

Were the rings Opti-Locs??

They BLOW!!!!

The screws for the Opti's will set you back about $6 APIECE from Berreta.

What a joke!....

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
noddah View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noddah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2006 at 10:53

I have been very impressed with the Tikka T3 Products...

That said... I have a theory that it is hard to seperate why someone would want a Sako over the Tikka. It is almost like they are "trying" to cheap out in the ring department to down play the rest product.

Anyway just a theory...

Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2006 at 12:17

Noddah- am I reading that correctly? Why would someone want a Sako over a Tikka.???  Are you serious??

noddah View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noddah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2006 at 15:24
If the target isn't going to know the difference in accuracy and the ergonomics and function is on par then sure... 
mlipski01 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlipski01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2006 at 06:37
No the rings were not Opti-Locs, but they were supplied by the same manufacturer Sako.
OK hunter View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OK hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2006 at 07:09
In the for what it's worth department, Benelli also uses plastic plugs rather than filler screws.  If Tikka is like Benelli, those were not screws, just plugs and can be punched out.  It took me a whiile to figure that one out.
Bandito View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/25/2006 at 08:23
Well, I have Tikka T3 with Tikka Opti- Lock rings and bases. It is great! No problem for about 1000 shots on .30-06!  And it is under Beretta, like Sako, Burris etc! No problem!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic