OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

SWFA 16X42 OPtical clarity

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .308WIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SWFA 16X42 OPtical clarity
    Posted: July/23/2013 at 05:26
Same post as Tactical Forum to get as much feedback as possible.
Im worried about losing optical clarity with a NON HD glass SWFA SS 16X42 compared to the NON HD SWFA SS 10X42. Ive been thinking about them both but dont wnat to be dissapointed.
Has anyone compared to 2 in a side by side test or have experience with the 2. I would really like to opt for the 16X.
Currently only shooting 600yards but wnat to extend that out t 1000+.
Shoot more and more often.
.308WIN
Longrangedreamer View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longrangedreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/17/2013 at 18:52
I have this scope and love it. I use it on a Remington 700 .243 and have successfully hit a half gallon orange juice container at 810 yards. Optical clarity is not awesome- but the turrets work! I'm 37 and can see pretty well but with a 10x I can't identify small targets much past a few hundred yards. I mostly hunt groundhogs and have made a number of shots at and beyond 450 yards. After two years of use my turret set screws had loosened up enough from recoil that they spun on me during a hunt. So loctite your turret set screws once you get them properly adjusted!
338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/17/2013 at 20:34
You will be happier with the 10xHD...

From experience.

No one
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic