OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Archery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

peep hole

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hydra7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: peep hole
    Posted: August/15/2013 at 16:02
I know it's a catchy subject huh? Anyway I have a pse compound bow and everytime I draw it back my peep hole turns around the string. I was wondering if people had a suggestion to fix this or should I just get it replaced? It is just a plastic peep that is held on by the rubber hose. I was thinking of just getting rid of the hose portion but was worried about it moving around if I did that.
Give me a shot, I won't disappoint!
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/2013 at 20:02
Are you using a D-loop to knock your release to or straight to the string? if so you should be able to rotate the Dloop so when you pull it back it lines up. Or you can press the bow and go half turn on the string and it can work It out, Or U can take the peep out and pull the string back and have some one put a dot on front of string and reset the peep that way.. You have a few options on an easy fix.
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
hydra7 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hydra7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/2013 at 20:54
I do use a D loop to knock my release and it seems that even when I try rotating the loop that it only helps for a few pullbacks. I do not have a bow press but maybe my local archery shop/range will fix it for me for free as I have been meaning to have it looked over anyway before deer season. I am not sure how hard it is to pull the peep out and put it back in myself but I suppose I could try it. Is there a trick to getting it back into the string?
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/2013 at 21:49
Not hard, but you have to adjust the strands to balance the peep alignment at your full draw. The string will twist a little from rest to tension at full draw. Once positioned then place lashing above and below the peep to keep it from shifting.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
hydra7 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hydra7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/2013 at 22:40
Thanks for the advice, is there any certain type of lashing I should use?
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/16/2013 at 09:52
I have used Spiderwire. It is a very strong lightweight braided fishing line. I had it on hand and it ties off good. I would not buy it just for this use. It cast good and will not stretch much when setting the hook. Excellent for catfish.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
Wood View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/25/2013 at 23:45
G5 makes what they call a speed stud. Slides in the string and will realign your peep supposedly.

God is good
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic