OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Binoculars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Price for a used Meopta Meostar HD 10X42

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Galvie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Price for a used Meopta Meostar HD 10X42
    Posted: August/20/2013 at 19:45
Hi, 
first post on this forum but been reading for a while.  I wanted to ask if anyone knows the current used price for these binoculars.  Condition being good to excellent.  Its hard to find any used ones online, so I thought I would ask here.  The reason I ask is because I am about to buy either:
Zen Ray Prime HD 10X42 or
Leupold McKinley HD 10X42
Now if the price for the used Meostars are within $100 of the above two is it a better buy (taking the condition of the binos into account of course).
These binos will be used only for hunting in large open desert/chaparral areas.
Thanks, and any input will be appreciated.  
JGRaider View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRaider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/20/2013 at 21:03
If you don't mind the huge eyepiece on the McKinley/Prime then you will find the glass excellent, and an overall great hunting bino.  The ergos of the Meopta, specifically the smaller eyepiece, is more to my liking so.  Glass comparison between the two is splitting hairs IMO, both excellent.  If the price is that close I'd choose the Meopta personally, but you ought to handle them both and see for yourself.   
Klamath View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klamath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/20/2013 at 22:06
I doubt you find many used specimens. Look on the internet sales sites and see what is there.
Steve
"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted". William Bruce Cameron

Galvie View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Galvie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/2013 at 16:55
Would wearing glasses be an issue for these binos?
Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/2013 at 18:55
I can't say about the glasses, but I have used the Primes and Meostar HDs in the field, and much preferred the Meoptas.  They are more than worth their retail price, IMO.
-Matt
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/2013 at 19:10
Agreed, I am extremey happy with mine.
www.TacticalGunReview.com

Pro Staff - Silencer Shop

http://tacticalgunreview.com

jakedeaver View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jakedeaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2013 at 16:57
I am going to give Meostars a try.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic