OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Advise on Trijicon vs EO Tech Weapon Sights???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boxstereye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advise on Trijicon vs EO Tech Weapon Sights???
    Posted: August/22/2013 at 20:14
Wish to buy a new weapon sight for my other AR15 and wish the groups comments on these two types....was looking at the TA11H-G I liked a lot vs the XPS2-2 from EO Tech....what are your opinions or other options...Thanks in advance  Excellent
B
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2013 at 07:57
Pay attention to eye relief on the ACOG's  depending on rifle use and all it may make a difference.  I like the ACOG for more precision and less CQB and the Eo for less precision and more CQB.  I like Aimpoint better than the Eo's due to battery life.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2013 at 08:47
What is your use???

That is the only distinction as you listed the top optics for the categories...
No one
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2013 at 09:10
Aimpoint Micro....That's all most AR-15's need and WAY more than those filthy pigs deserve. 
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2013 at 10:07
As said before, HUGE difference between the use of an EoTech and an ACOG.  Both most definitely have a place, but how you use the rifle will dictate which will be best.

As Cheaptrick said, the best all-around red dot at this moment (in my humblest of opinions) is the Aimpoint Micro, it is a great optic.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2013 at 10:37
Love my Micros as well..

Like the others said, what do you want to do with it?
What's the most important thing for you?

www.TacticalGunReview.com

Pro Staff - Silencer Shop

http://tacticalgunreview.com

beerfest19 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beerfest19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/28/2013 at 22:57
you can also go with the trijicon/rmr combo too

Edited by cheaptrick - August/29/2013 at 07:17
jvr View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2013 at 09:03
i have not used the acog as i wanted close quarters sights on my ar's   I have used the micro 2moa and eo on a few training courses.  I favored the eo for faster target acquisition and i like having a 1 moa dot.  (there was nothing negative to say about the mini. It is a personal preference. I loved its little foot print)  

everything mentioned is mil spec gear and your choice ultimately depends on your systems intended purpose.
Airmansince09 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airmansince09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2014 at 17:55
In the military and in personal use I have used Trijicons, EO Techs(and various holo sights), and Aimpoints.

Out of those three, EO Tech SUCKS.

The battery life is bad, the reticle is gaudy and fancy looking but it doesn't matter.

Trijicon and Aimpoint are the top two AR sights, hands down. They both last a ridiculously long amount of time before they die(years for the Aimpoint on batteries, and something like 10-15 years for the trijicons tritium cell).

Between those two, I prefer Aimpoint. One reason is that I'm in the airforce, they are what we use and I've grown fond of it. The other reason is that the red dot works in any lighting condition, wheras the tritium glow and fiber optic power for the Trijicon can appear washed out under a number of conditions.

They are both built like tanks and its hard to go wrong with either one, but I don't recommend the EOtech.
dillon_h View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Staff
TEAM SWFA - Staff
Woody

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dillon_h Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/18/2014 at 09:02
Before making a decision, be sure you take a look through an EOTech. I have had many customers come in the store, swearing they want an EOTech. Some of them were glad they looked before buying. The reticle is different than most sights. Personally, my eyes dont agree with it and it looks like a cloudy haze. I love the Aimpoints with the 2 MOA dot. Handle them all and shoot with them if you can. They all have their pros and cons, but without knowing its intended use, it's hard to say one or the other.  
Dillon@SWFA.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic