OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Binoculars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

zeiss vs swarovski binoculars

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dstaffk5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: zeiss vs swarovski binoculars
    Posted: October/02/2013 at 23:08
Whats the better choice.  Zeiss victory 10x45 range finding binoculars or Swarovski El 10x42 range finding binoculars?
"If it aint broke dont fix it...unless you are upgrading your scope"
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/2013 at 12:24
The Zeiss ranges faster (it is very fast),   The swaro was fast, but to me the Zeiss seemed a bit quicker.  The Zeiss I believe has a smaller laser beam.  Meaning at longer distances it will be more precise because the size of the laser beam will be smaller and can get a reading on smaller objects easier. 

Optically they are both fantastic.  My Ziess has a slight blue tint to them vs the Swaros that I looked through. 

I have ranged just beyond 2000 yards with my Zeiss.  The Zeiss claim 10,000 readings where swaro claims 1000 readings. 

The Zeiss are bit heavier.  I do not really like the little bumps on the bottom of the Swaros

Edited by supertool73 - October/03/2013 at 12:36
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
dstaffk5 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dstaffk5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/2013 at 23:46
I went with Victory ht 10x42 and zeiss victory diascope fl 85mm spot scope.  I will go with a smaller palm style range finder.
"If it aint broke dont fix it...unless you are upgrading your scope"
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/2013 at 23:53
I think u will regret that. Just one more thing u have to carry. I would never go back to a separate rf after having an rf bino. They are awesome imo. But regardless u picked some nice gear. Enjoy
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic