OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Meopta Meostar R2 2.5-15x56

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote verminator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Meopta Meostar R2 2.5-15x56
    Posted: October/26/2013 at 04:26

new kid on the block Yippee Meopta Meostar R2 2.5-15x56 gave my locol dealer a ring on order..Excellent

Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2013 at 05:28
Whoa!!   Bucky      Smile
Visit the Ed Show
MeoptaSurujh View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeoptaSurujh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/29/2013 at 03:13
This will be officially launched/introduced at the 2014 SHOT Show.
Yes I work for Meopta, but I am not here to sell Meopta. Just answering questions and providing reasonable insight.
Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/29/2013 at 09:16
6x erector from Meopta?  Sweet.

Hope it will be available with a hash-type reticle and tactical turrets in the US.
-Matt
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/29/2013 at 12:51
Any chance at a test before they launch?
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeoptaSurujh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/30/2013 at 05:15
The first launched versions of the R2 2.5-15x56 will have a 4C and 4K reticle, similar to what can be found in the MeoStar R1r 3-12x56 RD line. 
Meopta is working on tactical offerings as well which will be introduced in 2014 at both SHOT and IWA, but the R2 is really a big-game hunting scope and is being launched at first in that style which can be used in the USA and ROW markets...so no tactical turrets at first, but we will listen to all feedback and opinions once it is launched and make alterations accordingly.
Yes I work for Meopta, but I am not here to sell Meopta. Just answering questions and providing reasonable insight.
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/30/2013 at 08:51
keep it simple

capped windage
matching reticle and adjustments
locking turret with zero stop
tactical guys will want mil, average hunter will be fine with MOA

www.TacticalGunReview.com

Pro Staff - Silencer Shop

http://tacticalgunreview.com

verminator View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2013 at 11:18
told by meopta uk the R2 2.5-15x56 will be direct competitor for the swaro z6i Excellent
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2013 at 11:40
I think more Americans would buy it with a 50mm objective over a 56

www.TacticalGunReview.com

Pro Staff - Silencer Shop

http://tacticalgunreview.com

Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2013 at 12:02
should be good in low light and should work well with a nv mono attachedBig Smile
M48scout View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M48scout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/02/2013 at 15:08
How are low-light capabilities predicted to be versus 56mm R1?  For instance does the increased mag ratio degrade low light performance with additional glass-light interfaces, or are there improvements to the glass/coatings that will increase transmission?  When is this intended to be available for the general public to order?
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/02/2013 at 16:15
don't think the increased mag ratio should  affect low light performance on the lower mags..over the R1. testing the xotic 4-16 x56 against the weaver classic extreme 2-10x56 in low light the weaver seems brighter up to about 8 mag at 10 mag there's very little difference. Maybe why the weaver is brighter on lower mags is  due to the additional glass interfaces in the xotic. Also the eyebox on the weaver is bigger. With a nv mono attached the weaver is notably brighter on all mags and does not bring in as much noise in the lower light situations as the xotic Yippee
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeoptaSurujh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2013 at 09:39
The MeoStar R2 line has a brand new lens coating called MeoLux (in addition to the current MeoBright) which is specially tuned to enhance low-light performance.  This gives us 2-3% higher overall light transmission than the MeoStar R1, which already has roughly 92-93% overall transmission.

Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2013 at 10:51
the new coating should make it work even better with nv...and make it a awesome low light performerBig Smile
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/06/2013 at 12:03
Robster80 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robster80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/06/2013 at 22:40
great. here i am ready to buy a meostar r1 and i have to read that. that 2-12x50 cant get here quick enough
JossM View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JossM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2014 at 01:18
OK_Hunter View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OK_Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2014 at 08:20
With MeoDrop hydrophobic lense coating!
Robster80 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robster80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2014 at 09:30
they have other models coming as well i think a 1.7-10x42 and a 2-12x50 R2
M48scout View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M48scout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2014 at 17:59
One of the most important improvements to me is Meopta going from 75mm eye relief on the R1 to 90mm specified eye relief on the R2.  That 1/2"  bumping it up to 3.5" means a lot to me.  I simply can not stand a scope with 3" of eye relief ... with the position of most rifle's scope mounts relative to the stock butt (and the available mounting length on most scopes) it feels like I have to crane my neck to crawl the stock most every shot. And this is for shots at the range and out of a shooting house where you are free to position your body how you like.  When you're in a tree stand and have to make a shot where you must position the gun straight ahead or to your "uncomfortable side" ... forget about it. 

I think it ought to be a law all scopes come with 4" of eye relief.  Just venting and wanted to commend Meopta for making that change.  It's almost like someone in the design department actually uses the scopes.

David
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic