OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Any Reviews of Steiner Predator Xtreme 3*12x56mm
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Any Reviews of Steiner Predator Xtreme 3*12x56mm

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BLACKSALEEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any Reviews of Steiner Predator Xtreme 3*12x56mm
    Posted: November/25/2013 at 09:41
Does anyone have any experiences with the Steiner Predator Xtreme 3*12x56mm? If so, what are your thoughts? I've looked the site over and couldn't find any reviews. Thanks.
Opticsinitiate7 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opticsinitiate7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/25/2013 at 09:59
Me too, me too!   I specifically would like to hear about the 2.5-10 version.  
Bigdave View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/25/2013 at 12:14
From what I understand, they are just rebadged buris euro diamonds, made in the Philippines, not worth near what they are asking for them.
Opticsinitiate7 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opticsinitiate7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/25/2013 at 14:14
I'm pretty sure the components are made in Germany, and assembled in the U.S.  Theyv'e certainly changed up a lot of things in them, because the listed weight is 30% higher than the Euro Diamond. 

I also believe Tahqua addressed this in his fleeting references to his Predator, saying he owned a variety of Burris scopes, and it blew them out of the water.  Said it was better than a conquest, optically.  I'm really wanting him to weigh in on this, and flesh out his review.
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/25/2013 at 14:34
I have heard nothing but positive comments on the glass.
www.TacticalGunReview.com

Pro Staff - Silencer Shop

http://tacticalgunreview.com

Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/25/2013 at 14:35
My understanding was that they were assembled in Colorado too.
Bigdave View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/25/2013 at 21:06
I went by SWFA a few weekends ago and asked about them and Skylar told me point blank they were made in the Philippines when I asked about them. Maybe he told me wrong, hopefully he will chime in, but I had asked him about them and wanted to look at one and that was the spill he gave me.
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/26/2013 at 13:26
Steiner specifically states on their website that the scope is assembled in the USA.

New Steiner Predator Xtreme Riflescopes Offer Outstanding German Optics at Affordable U.S. Prices

Steiner, the world leader in lens technology and optical design, celebrates another milestone in its 65-year history by introducing its new line of Predator Xtreme Riflescopes. This new riflescope line represents the finest Steiner German optics, technology and engineering combined with the affordability of being constructed in the United States.

“Steiner is pleased to be back in the hunting riflescope business again,” said Rob Siemers, general manager. “The new Predator riflescope line offers hunters the best European optics with superior coatings in a rugged, American-made housing, all at an affordable price.

“With the proprietary Steiner CAT coatings used on these scopes, hunters are certain to see the advantage of the new Predator scopes,” he concluded.

Available in three models, 2.5x-10x-42mm, 3x-12x-56mm and 4x-16x-50mm, the new Predator Xtreme line offers precision-ground lenses with Steiner’s unique CAT (Color Adjusted Transmission) technology. This specially engineered lens coating delivers the highest levels of contrast and light transmission, resulting in bold color contrast between prey and surroundings.

The Predator Xtreme riflescopes will also feature the new Steiner Plex S1 Ballistic etched reticle. The Steiner Plex S1 provides a simple, uncluttered method for determining both trajectory and wind compensation. The reticle presents a series of cascading .25 MOA dots that help calculate drift to compensate for crosswinds. The dots represent bullet drift from a 10 mph crosswind (+/-1.5 inches at 400 yards) for a wide variety of hunting cartridges. For a 5 mph crosswind, halve the distance between dot and reticle. Likewise, for 20 mph crosswind, simply double the distance. The reticle is located on the second focal plane, meaning that the user can utilize the zoom without affecting the measurements.

These new riflescopes are waterproof, shockproof and fogproof. They feature rugged 30 mm tubes with ¼-MOA adjustments for both windage and elevation. Ergonomically designed, large turret knobs and a power ring with deep knurling make removal and adjustments almost effortless. Additionally, The Predator Xtreme’s interchange dials can be reset to “0” once the scope is sighted-in.

With all the features and engineering of a high-end European riflescope, the Steiner Predator Xtreme 2.5x-10x-42mm, 3x-12x-56mm and 4x-16x-50mm are moderately priced at $799.99, $899.99 and $999.99, respectively. They will be available at retailers nationwide in the spring of 2012.

Headquartered in Germany, Steiner has been widely acknowledged as a world leader in the manufacturing of high quality optics since 1947. In addition to the outdoor, hunting and marine markets, Steiner provides products to military and law enforcement worldwide. Allied forces around the world—including the U.S. Army and countless law enforcement agencies—have made Steiner their binocular of choice. For more information, contact: Steiner Binoculars, 920 54th Avenue, Suite 200, Greeley, CO 80634; call (970) 356-1670..

Edited by Roy Finn - November/26/2013 at 13:31
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/26/2013 at 14:47
The bottom of my box says Burris USA. No markings on scope.
Doug
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/26/2013 at 16:11
IIRC, there was someone here last year or so that claimed he worked for them (Burris) that said they did in fact make scopes for Steiner.
Bigdave View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/26/2013 at 17:05
Hmm, so I was told wrong. Wish I had been more informed at the time I was purchasing scopes.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic