OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Reloading & Ballistics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - World's Most Powerful 6.5mm Commercial Cartridge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

World's Most Powerful 6.5mm Commercial Cartridge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: World's Most Powerful 6.5mm Commercial Cartridge
    Posted: November/25/2013 at 16:22
Nosler® Unveils World's Most Powerful 6.5mm Commercial Cartridge

Bend, OR -- Like many shooting enthusiasts, the Nosler family has always dreamed of introducing a new rifle cartridge to the industry; that time is finally here with the arrival of the 26 Nosler®.

The goal of the new 26 Nosler® cartridge was to introduce something to the shooting sports industry that took full advantage of new technology available to shooters including the advance of optics, reticle systems and of course high Ballistic Coefficient (B.C.) bullets such as the AccuBond® Long Range™ line. The old boundaries are about to be pushed to new limits.

The 26 Nosler® cartridge was designed to take advantage of the inherently accurate and high B.C. 6.5mm (.264) caliber bullets, and is capable of shooting the Nosler® 129 grain, AccuBond® Long Range™ bullet at a blazing 3400 fps out of the muzzle. Zeroed at 350 yards, the 26 Nosler® has a Point Blank Range of 0-415 yards. Loaded with the 129gr ABLR, the 26 Nosler® retains as much velocity at 400 yards as the 260 Remington® produces at the muzzle.

The 26 Nosler® case is non-belted, thus headspaced off of the shoulder to further enhance accuracy. The "26" also utilizes a standard (30-06) length action meaning shorter bolt-throw and lighter weight than magnum length actions.

"I really feel the 26 Nosler® has great value amongst the large family of 6.5mm cartridges. With minimal recoil, tremendous velocity, energy and the ability to point and shoot at the intended target up to a quarter mile away, this is the quintessential deer, antelope and long-range target cartridge available on the market today." -Bob Nosler, CEO/President Nosler, Inc.

The 26 Nosler® is a new and unique cartridge that was submitted to SAAMI® in June, 2013. The formal launch will take place at the 2014 SHOT Show where more exciting news will be released regarding this cartridge. Additional announcements will include Nosler's new platform rifle, in addition to exciting new bullet, brass and ammunition offerings.

For the most current information on Nosler product announcements, visit Nosler's Facebook page at www.facebook.com/NoslerInc
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/25/2013 at 16:25
I think my 6.5 STW, .264 Win. Mag., 6.5 Rem. Mag., 6.5x284, 6.5 Grendel and .260 Rem. have just found a new friend. Yippee

Edited by Chris Farris - November/25/2013 at 17:03
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/25/2013 at 16:50
Awesome.  Sounds like a partner for the Grendel...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/25/2013 at 17:04
Forgot about my Grendel, just updated my post to include him.

Now I guess I'm gonna have to get a 6.5x55 too.
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/25/2013 at 17:28
Does it need a ......26 inch barrel?    Smile
Visit the Ed Show
billyburl2 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/25/2013 at 18:50
Probably going to need a 30 inch barrel, so you can set it back after 10 rounds.
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/26/2013 at 04:34
Originally posted by Chris Farris Chris Farris wrote:

I think my 6.5 STW, .264 Win. Mag., 6.5 Rem. Mag., 6.5x284, 6.5 Grendel and .260 Rem. have just found a new friend. Yippee

Chris you need a Creedmoor to.

Big Grin
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
stickbow46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/26/2013 at 06:16
First the Sweed then the Creed [:}

That is outstanding news.I was looking for a reason to purchase a new rifle & some glass.Thanks for the info CF.
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/26/2013 at 06:20
This thread is worthless without pictures.  

Visit the Ed Show
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/26/2013 at 06:23
Originally posted by Son of Ed Son of Ed wrote:

This thread is worthless without pictures.  

Read about it on the Outdoor Wire yesterday. Haven't seen any pics yet.

Cool

trigger29 View Drop Down
X = 180 Y = 90 (X+Pyro)+(Y-Pyro) = ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/26/2013 at 08:36
Originally posted by billyburl2 billyburl2 wrote:

Probably going to need a 30 inch barrel, so you can set it back after 10 rounds.
That was my thought. Wonder what the parent case is, and what powder capacity is?

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/26/2013 at 08:46
Originally posted by trigger29 trigger29 wrote:

Originally posted by billyburl2 billyburl2 wrote:

That was my thought. Wonder what the parent case is, and what powder capacity is?

All the article said was it used a standard [ 30-06 ] length action.

Whacko

ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/26/2013 at 08:55
I love my Nosler 280AI and can definitely see getting one of these..

www.TacticalGunReview.com

Pro Staff - Silencer Shop

http://tacticalgunreview.com

Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/26/2013 at 08:59
Originally posted by ccoker ccoker wrote:

I love my Nosler 280AI and can definitely see getting one of these..

Sounds like the " 26 " has everyone excited. Something new and exciting to look forward to.

Excellent

Sparky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/26/2013 at 09:04
Not to be a kill joy. But I wonder if this will be like the 17WSM. It seemed like everyone was raving about the new 17WSM awhile back, but now I don't hear anything about it.
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/26/2013 at 09:12
Originally posted by Sparky Sparky wrote:

Not to be a kill joy. But I wonder if this will be like the 17WSM. It seemed like everyone was raving about the new 17WSM awhile back, but now I don't hear anything about it.

there will be a bunch of dollars spent finding out, but lots more uses for the " 26 "

Big Grin

ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/26/2013 at 09:46
Nosler does things right..

www.TacticalGunReview.com

Pro Staff - Silencer Shop

http://tacticalgunreview.com

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/26/2013 at 10:05
Providing barrel throat erosion isn't bad, this could be a very popular cartridge for varmenters, medium game hunters, and long range shooters. I'm interested.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/26/2013 at 10:30
I'm interested, just not a $6,000 rifle that will last for a few 100 rounds, but this wasn't designed for the every weekend shooter, this is for a once or twice a year hunter to sit and camp after the shot and talk up this caliber with his friend who have not ever heard of it much less have it.

My 2cents
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/27/2013 at 03:22
It could be an excellent caliber for our field target shooting. A flat trajectory and high BC caliber is what wins the competions.

And like in all sports, those that attract the sponsorships will not care if it uses 1 barrel per competition. Next competion they arrive with a new rifle, advertising pasted all over their equipment and foreheads, ready to burn it up.

But it should be interesting to see.

My 6mmAI has it all, except the high BC of the 6,5.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic