OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Pentax MC 3X 9X (40?) lightseeker scope info

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grumpydan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pentax MC 3X 9X (40?) lightseeker scope info
    Posted: January/24/2014 at 17:32
Hello I am trying to get some info on this scope like;
1. dependability
2. Caliber rifle it would be good for (if at all)
3. What it is worth
It is in great shape and sat in my fathers safe for awhile never used or looks like it was ever mounted.
If anyone could help I would appreciate it the customer support at Pentax couldn't tell me anything.
Also the serial number on the tube is
Thanks
Dan
esldude View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote esldude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/30/2019 at 03:06
I know this is necro post 5 years late.  Maybe it'll help someone else looking for the info in the future. 

That might be a Pentax 3-9x 43mm Light seeker.  If it has the adjustment turrets forward of halfway, is rather heavy, and has the pinkish/purple tint coatings on the lens, then it is basically a Burris Signature of the time with the Pentax name.  They were good scopes and on the expensive side for the times.  I don't know what it would be worth today.  I've had a couple of those and seem to remember a model number/sn on the tube with a 2 for the start of it. 

Unfortunately Pentax later used the same name and sizing with scopes that had the lower quality glass and coatings as lesser Burris scopes.  

Image result for 3-9x 43 pentax lightseeker

Here is a similar Burris Signature 3-9 x40mm from that time.  Again notice the forward position of the turrets. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic