OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

HELP WANTED ON GUNCABINET

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP WANTED ON GUNCABINET
    Posted: February/19/2014 at 05:45
I don't know where to post this, so i put it here.

I whish to buy a new guncabinet as i need more space. 
Here in Denmark the law says you must have a cabinet with these and these test results. 

Now... 
I am looking at a Remmington / Liberty / Century Sportsman. Unfortunately it does not have any Danish approval, but it has an American one that is called: UL 8M10
Does anyone of you know what that stands for? Where i can find info on what this approval means? 

Over here they, (among other things) operate with, that the cabinet must be able to keep a burgler out for 30 minutes, using ordinary tools ( prybar-hammer and so on) No power or firetools.

I have been through, god knows, how many web sides but i can't find the official approval sites..
Savage 93 17.HMR. Tikka Tac A1 308 Blaser R8 6,5-55 / 30-06. Beretta Silver Pigeon. Comming up-TIKKATAC A1 22LR

Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2014 at 08:31
The primary rating in the US is for fire resistance.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
Claus View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2014 at 10:03
Does it not have anything to do with how secure it is??
Savage 93 17.HMR. Tikka Tac A1 308 Blaser R8 6,5-55 / 30-06. Beretta Silver Pigeon. Comming up-TIKKATAC A1 22LR

coyote95 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2014 at 10:45
http://www.libertysafe.com/safe-lincoln-safes-ps-5.html?tab=specs 
Claus,hope this helps. UL is a standard we use here in the states and UL stands for Underwriters Laboratories
"Life is like riding a bicycle . To keep balance you must keep moving" Albert Einstein
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2014 at 10:57
That is interesting that a Liberty safe is just listed as RSC.  A residential security container is just suppose to keep thieves out for 5 minutes with hand tools.  I thought Liberty's were virtually impenetrable with hand tools. 
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Claus View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2014 at 07:55
Thank you Kevin. This was pretty much what i needet. Super

Supertool: About the 5 minuttes... Is that something i can count on, cause then i might as well throw a stick after it and buy one of the boring cabinets they make over here. Sad

Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2014 at 09:07

Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

Claus View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2014 at 10:10
I'll send this to the police. Roll on Floor Laughing

Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2014 at 10:33
Fort Knox and Liberty are the best from what I have read and studied.  But they have multiple levels and many options to make them better and stronger. 

Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2014 at 10:37
Looks like I forgot one.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic