OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Thread protector??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2014 at 07:48
Now that's funny.
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
Sgt. D View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2014 at 15:27

Originally posted by Peddler Peddler wrote:

Amen! Our Southern office is in Leesville, SC and we do a yearly show in Raleigh and " pickled pork " is a very apt description. Too much Vinegar!

Maybe, but when you've grown up on it, everything else seems kinda plain!! Ya'll made me hungry, I'm goin to Gardner's and get a large BBQ plate w/black eyed peas, cabbage an Brunswick stew w/cornsticks. Later!!

Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2014 at 09:14
I guess none of you guys have had any real Kentucky pulled pork BBQ, hickory is a key ingredient.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2014 at 09:28
Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

I guess none of you guys have had any real Kentucky pulled pork BBQ, hickory is a key ingredient.

I have and love it. 

Probably the best pork BBQ I have ever had was in Dixie Lee Junction, which is located between Farragut and Lenoir City, TN at a place called Ott's BBQ. It was out of this world. Someone claimed they came there from around Paducah, KY, but I can't recall the name of the KY joint.   
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2014 at 11:00

Lots of good BBQ pork in western Ky.

Moon Lite BBQ in Owensboro is a good sample of Ky. BBQ, but it's not the best. A friend of mine used to live in Owensboro, and he told me, "If your hungry, go to Moon Lite, it's a buffet, but if you want the best BBQ, go to the small pits". Unfortunately he moved back to Looneyville before he could show me the best places.

There was a place in Russellville on the edge of town that mom and dad stopped at on their way home every time they were down there. I had a standing order for at least a half pound of pulled pork if they stopped there. They eventually moved to the other side of town so they didn't stop as often. I don't get down there often enough.

Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic