OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > The Ed Show
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Eduardo's Centerfolds

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 50>
Author
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/12/2016 at 18:54
I'll still need to get a scope with a Normal Sized Ocular!  I won't be able to handle any of these FOUR INCH LONG Oculars!!  Shocked  And I'll need a scope with Normal 3 1/2 inch eye relief.  A scope with 4 inches of eye relief is a Scout Scope to me!!  
Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/12/2016 at 19:00

The Bushnell 3500 2X7 has got a nifty 3 inches of eye relief!!  Bucky

Visit the Ed Show
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/12/2016 at 19:21
Originally posted by Son of Ed Son of Ed wrote:

" I guess Peddler doesn't know the owner of Napier Gun Care Products..."   

Yes I do we went to different schools together, he walked and I carried my lunch!!!
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/12/2016 at 19:51
Whatever
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/12/2016 at 19:52
That there sounded like a democrat....
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/12/2016 at 20:05
Big Grin
Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/12/2016 at 22:31

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/12/2016 at 22:33

Stay away from Mom's lunches!!  

Visit the Ed Show
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2016 at 07:19
Originally posted by Son of Ed Son of Ed wrote:

So, scoping 22 rifles got forgotten for awhile. 

Notice how short the distance is between these rings on this example of a grooved receiver. That is a Burris 6X Compact scope.  It's hanging over the back side of the stock halfway to the comb.  I would have 2 inches of eye relief on this fella's rifle. 

So, I needed to think about this situation for a while. 

Finally, I figured it out by poking around on the Internet.  

I need those Hawke Reach Forward Rings!!  Thinking

They latch onto your 3/8 inch grooves and Reach Forward. This one goes two inches forward.  They also have a one inch forward pair. They'll be a little high, but I'm sure not going to be drilling any holes in this Winchester!!  Shocked

So Ed, did you order those Hawke rings yet?  I'm liking them too.  Too bad they won't increase the length of pull too!

I might try them as I now have a couple of grooved receiver 22LRs.  Wonder how they'd do on my browning....
--Thomas Jefferson

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2016 at 08:45
Where's he going to have them shipped to? He's HOMELESS.
Did he move to Truth or Consequences N.M., and does he even have a job, and what happened to the cat?
Sad Pacer
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2016 at 09:06

The cat is over at a house full of dogs...

I am not moving to Truth or Consequences at this time ( although there is actually ONE place for rent in the whole town, up on the hill just across from the Golf Course!  Stare )  because there's hardly any work there unless I want to work at Sonic....  

...and I can always pick up the rings over at the Building!!  Shocked

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2016 at 09:09

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2016 at 09:10

Visit the Ed Show
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2016 at 09:13
Does this mean you no longer HAVE to fight Dallas traffic?
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2016 at 09:20
Every once in a while I have to do something OVER THERE!!  But, not for a few months now!!  Big Grin

You mean....DOWNTOWN Dallas???!!%$#?   The BIG D!!!??  Dealey Plaza???!!  Shocked

( I 20 doesn't count....I can sneak across the bottom of the Metroplex thru Duncanville and get out of This Mess that way. )

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2016 at 09:24

I saw a nice FN deluxe on Gunsamerica, but it's at a shop over in Rowlett.  You can see Rowlett on the map ( on the east side!!...) Whatever

Edited by Son of Ed - April/13/2016 at 09:46
Visit the Ed Show
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2016 at 11:49
Gun window shopping while out of work just plain sucks!!!

Especially when you see fantastic deals.....
--Thomas Jefferson

anweis View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anweis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2016 at 19:58
i took the wrong exit in Dallas on my way to Austin this spring, twice. And i had a GPS and map, not funny.
I smarted up on my way back north, i went through Corsicana and saw a nice part of the country and got a nice fruitcake at Collin Street Bakery

I want a custom built Sako Vixen short mini action in 6mm/222 or 6.5 grendel with deluxe  mannlicher stock and double set triggers, but i'll just probably go on a hunting trip or such with the money
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2016 at 22:58
Excellent   Corsicana!!  My niece's husband owns an Italian restaurant there....Napoli   

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2016 at 23:01

I had lots of auto customers in Corsicana.....( sniff!! ) 

Edited by Son of Ed - April/14/2016 at 08:09
Visit the Ed Show
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 50>
  Share Topic