OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Ziess Conquest

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mil169 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ziess Conquest
    Posted: July/06/2014 at 22:01
I thought Ziess made a 3.5-10 Conquest with a Rapid Z600 reticle, but can't find it on here any more. Does Ziess still make that scope. I have the 4.5-10x44 with Rapid Z800 that I really like, I wanted the Rapid Z600 for use on a 18" AR, the reticle seemed to be paired nicely with a Hornady 55 gr varmint bullet according to the Ziess calculator.

Any other suggestions for a BDC reticle for a 55 gr .223. I know about the Bushnell DOA, but hate circles. Nikons dots don't seem to be to bad, but I don't like the exposed turrets for hunting. Sorry if this has already been beat to death.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/06/2014 at 23:28
Zeiss no longer makes any of the old Conquest MCC scopes. They have all been discontinued in favor of the Terra (3:1 Zoom) and HD5 (5:1 zoom) series scopes. If you keep an eye on the Sample List (www.samplelist.com) and the various online auction sites, you might still find a demo or used model 3.5-10X44 Conquest in "like new" condition.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Oldtrader3 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldtrader3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/28/2014 at 23:50
I have one of the last Zeiss Conquest 3.5-10x44 scopes, bought last fall.  Mine is the #4 reticle but I found the scope for $495. on clearance.  It is a very capable scope with sharp optics and has notably better optical clarity than my older 2-8x32 Conquest.  I also have two of the newer HD5, 3-15x42 Conquests with T* glass and the Z500 reticle and like them very much.
CDR3
Skylar McMahon View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/29/2014 at 16:50
Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

Zeiss no longer makes any of the old Conquest MCC scopes. They have all been discontinued in favor of the Terra (3:1 Zoom) and HD5 (5:1 zoom) series scopes. If you keep an eye on the Sample List (www.samplelist.com) and the various online auction sites, you might still find a demo or used model 3.5-10X44 Conquest in "like new" condition.

Ted is right. Occasionally you will see these pop up from time to time, but Zeiss made some huge strides with the introduction of the HD5 riflescope with what they call SUPERZOOM. This relates to the 5X erector assembly as Ted noted with 5:1 Zoom.  Having a scope with that much versatility is great for all hunting purposes in my opinion, because on the low side of your magnification, you free up wide fields of view and improved low light performance, but when you would like to focus on something more precise in order to be surgical with executed a shot, you also have higher than what was normal from years ago.

They are certainly wonderful scopes.
Edsknives View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edsknives Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/29/2014 at 18:05
Two years Ago I had a bull and cow tag for Fort Peck reservoir area, in eastern Montana.I shot a nice bull and a cow elk.I was shooting a 3.5x10x44 MC. I recognized the need for a scope you could dial in some distance so I came home and I sent my scope to Zeiss and they installed a mill dot sight and it was done for free.I am really pleased with Zeiss scopes and their customer relations.
ol0ko View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ol0ko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/2014 at 01:17
Originally posted by Edsknives Edsknives wrote:

I sent my scope to Zeiss and they installed a mill dot sight and it was done for free.I am really pleased with Zeiss scopes and their customer relations.

Mil-dot reticles are a must if you ask me and  and I am glad to hear you came to the same conclusiong. I would not even get a scope with out one but it is nice to hear that at Zeiss they put in a mil-dot reticle for free.Big Grin

bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/2014 at 07:19
FWIW, I have a 3-9 x 40 Conquest with the Z600 that I may sell. PM if interested.
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic