OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Varmint Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Vortex Viper HS 6-24-50

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EAGLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vortex Viper HS 6-24-50
    Posted: July/26/2014 at 07:29
I see that SWFA has these on clearance.

I don't own anything Vortex so I wondered if the glass is clear on 24X which would be used on a rifle for PD hunting.

Eagle
jude25 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jude25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/2014 at 10:35
I bought one and the glass is very clear.   Slightly less than my Bushnell Elite 6500 but at half the cost, there's no complaint here.  I would buy another.  
Ask and it shall be given, knock and it shall be opened... kick it in and thou shalt surely die.
huffmanite View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huffmanite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2015 at 15:57
Do believe the Viper asked about is one a range buddy received a week or so ago and I was at range with him first time he tried it.   At 24X his Viper was fuzzy/blurry across the entire lens.  Dial it back to around 21/22 power, perfectly clear, edge to edge.  Not that I could try anything different than what he'd tried, but sat down with the scope and played around with its adjustments.  Just confirmed what he'd found.  Shot with him this morning, asked him if he'd returned the Viper.  Nope, I'll sell it to Steve.....one of his shooting buddies at another private range, a range the present owner of the Viper is President.  

huffmanite View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huffmanite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2015 at 16:09
OOOOPs, incorrect in my previous post,  SWFA Viper my buddy had was a 6-24, but it think it was the 6-24x44 that was on close out for around $360.  So, it was not the particular model Viper asked about.  Also, I meant to write that have seen a fair number of Vortex scopes at our range and never heard a bad thing about them from their owners.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic