OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > The Ed Show
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Rifle Racks anyone?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rifle Racks anyone?
    Posted: August/29/2014 at 12:29

I haven't had a rifle rack in so long, I don't even know where we can carry rifles like this anymore.  Anybody have any information on your state?   

Visit the Ed Show
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2014 at 12:33
People do it where I live all the time.  I see guns everyday in the back of trucks like that. 
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
ckk1106 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckk1106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2014 at 12:43

Originally posted by supertool73 supertool73 wrote:

People do it where I live all the time.  I see guns everyday in the back of trucks like that. 

Same thing in Arizona.  No laws prohibiting this.

Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2014 at 12:51
I believe you can in Texas, too.....but of course, you don't see it in DFW.  I haven't even seen one out in the boondocks.   Of course, in OBAMAVILLE, everything would be stolen.  I used to have one 35 years ago in the Rockies.....

.....except those racks always wore a bright spot on your barrels!!   Soap Box

Visit the Ed Show
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2014 at 14:29
Never see rifle racks around here.
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2014 at 14:39
Communist!!  Shocked
Visit the Ed Show
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2014 at 14:44
Not the kind of racks I was expectingBig Grin
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2014 at 14:48

" We knew that was coming!! "   

Visit the Ed Show
Sgt. D View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2014 at 15:13

They are legal but you don't see em around here anymore. Guaranteed invite for a break-in!!!

I keep my truck on the ragged side. Figure they will assume there is little of value inside.

Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2014 at 15:24

" Like you would do if you moved to Mexico!! "   

Visit the Ed Show
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2014 at 15:32
Hard to believe but it's legal in New York. See them all the time.
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2014 at 09:39
I drove all over ten or twelve states years ago with a rack in the back.  The Park Ticket Taker in Yellowstone ( a girl...) asked me if I would hide my rifle in 1981.  A Marlin 39A.  I stuck it behind the seat right there at the Entrance.  

When we lived up in Missoula I took the gun off and put it inside the house.  Too big of a town.  Although I used to have the gun hanging in the truck while in Casper.  

I once accidentally left the keys in the ignition all night in Gillette, Wyoming.  Rifle and all....it was winter so the window was probably up....  
Visit the Ed Show
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2014 at 10:38
Originally posted by Sgt. D Sgt. D wrote:

They are legal but you don't see em around here anymore. Guaranteed invite for a break-in!!!

THIS.....
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2014 at 11:02
Yeah...anymore you have to live out in the boonies.....like Supertool!!!   Roll on Floor Laughing

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/01/2014 at 09:19

Visit the Ed Show
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/01/2014 at 09:44
Roll on Floor Laughing
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/01/2014 at 12:17
I have a rifle rack on my atv, but although legal, I wouldn't think of putting one in my truck in the 21st Century, unless it was in an old work truck that permanently stayed on a farm or wooded property year-round, never venturing off the property. I like my guns too much to put a blinking "steal me" neon sign in the back window of my ride.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/01/2014 at 12:22
Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

I have a rifle rack on my atv, but although legal, I wouldn't think of putting one in my truck in the 21st Century, unless it was an old truck that permanently stayed on a farm or wooded property year-round. I like my guns too much to put a blinking "steal me" neon sign in the back window of my ride.

Dad used to have one in the back of his GMC Sierra. He put his shotgun in it during hunting season, from time to time. It's funny because I don't remember him ever saying he was worried about it being "stolen" back in the day in SE Iowa.  
Sorta like....."Why would anyone break into my truck and steal my shotgun? They all have their own."  Big Grin
He probably never even thought about it. 
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/01/2014 at 12:25
Yep.  .....Maybe if you're way out by Supertool's house!!  Roll on Floor Laughing

Visit the Ed Show
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/01/2014 at 12:46
If that's a scene from around Supertool's house... damn, I wouldn't mind being his neighbor!Big Grin
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic