OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

New SS 3-15HD coming?????

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireEMT5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/2015 at 17:16
I hope this doesn't mean that there is no hope for a HD version between the 3-9 and 5-20, now that 2 more 3-15x42 have been launched.....................? :(
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/04/2015 at 22:07
I would think that a 3-15x50 could be built at the same price point as a 5-20x50 but Im not sure I see that as an advantage.  A 3-15x42 HD might be less but not enough less to where I think it would be a huge price break and it might be pointless to make an illuminated version that runs the price up so a non illuminated 3-15x42 or a 2.5-12.5x42 might fit in.  Trijicon seems to think there is a market for a 2.5-12.5 but Im not sure SS needs one because the 3-9 HD is an extremely capable optic and I believe it is often overlooked in favor of more power which is why the 3-15 is so popular but the adjustments on the HD scopes and single cap screw are way nicer than the three hex screw system.   
Trijicon 2.5-12.5x42 AccuPoint 30mm Rifle Scope Trijicon 2.5-12.5x42 AccuPoint 30mm Rifle Scope
Stock # - TR26C200105
  • Matte
  • Red Triangle Post
  • 30mm
  • Side Focus
  • Trijicon Logo Sticker
  • Lenspen
  • Set of Lenscaps
  • AccuPoint Manual
  • Warranty Card
$1,190.00

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd - December/04/2015 at 22:14

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/04/2015 at 22:17
I always thought we would see a 16x version of the 10x42  and I always liked 4-16x42  scopes.
SWFA SS HD 10x42 Tactical 30mm Riflescope SWFA SS HD 10x42 Tactical 30mm Riflescope
Stock # - SSHD10X42MQ
  • Matte
  • Patented Mil-Quad Reticle
  • 30mm
  • Rear Focus
  • OK for .50 cal
  • .10 Mrad
  • HD Model
$799.95 

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
FireEMT5 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireEMT5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2015 at 11:49
Well, I for one (maybe one of very few people) would like to see a HD 3-15 with the HD style turrets, better glass, and parallax adj. on the side.  Also would have to have the diopter focus in front of the zoom (like the other HD scopes).  If it was just made without illumination, but have the features mentioned above, one would think it could fit in the lineup and sell well..............?  That said, I'm neither an optics guru, or a business major.  I am however wishing and wanting a scope that falls in between my 3-9 and 5-20.  It would go great on my coyote gun.  4-16 would be ok too, but I'd still prefer 3 on the bottom.  For now, the 3-9 will have to work for yotes.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2015 at 12:10
http://swfa.com/IOR-35-18x50-Tactical-35mm-Rifle-Scope-P47633.aspx

http://swfa.com/IOR-3-18x42-SH-MX-6-Tactical-35mm-Rifle-Scope-P8937.aspx

http://swfa.com/Vortex-4-16x50-Viper-PST-30mm-Rifle-Scope-P44561.aspx

Any of these fit?
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2015 at 12:39
The Burris XTR 2 is a pretty good scope to consider.  They have one in 3-15x.  Glass is not quite as good as SS HD glass, but it is pretty nice.  Overall they are a good scope for the money. 
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
FireEMT5 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireEMT5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2015 at 14:57

Any of the scopes mentioned in the previous 2 posts would no doubt fit and work.  That said, I have a SS 1-6, 3-9, and 5-20.  I'm used to the mil-quad reticle and quite comfortable using it in these scopes.  To that end, I'm just hoping and holding out for another SS HD to fill the gap for my uses.  It may not ever happen, and that's ok.............. but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

The SS HD line may not be the best that is out there, but for my uses they are more than good enough.  I just can't bring myself to step down to the classic line.  I'm not saying they are bad, it's just that the HD line has the features that I want/use/like, that's all.

Maybe next year.............. In the mean time, I'll use what I have and patiently wait for my 2 Form 4's to go through on the pair of suppressors I have on order.  Figure if I can't buy myself some new glass I want, I can buy some lower decibels! Big Smile

nightowl View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightowl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2016 at 15:19
Has anyone hear if there is a releast date? I would like locking turrets, and zero stop for sure also keep the bell to 42mm would be great,Kev
FireEMT5 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireEMT5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/2016 at 12:37
Gotta bump this wish up top one last time......... after all it is now October, 2016.  Which means Black Friday is just around the corner.  Keeping my hopes alive.

Maybe one of the SWFA members could indicate if there is hope for this to happen or just flat out put it to rest.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/2016 at 15:29
I'd keep my eyes open, but I'm not on the inside. It just seems like it would be a good choice for Black Friday.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/2016 at 19:11
If they had brought it out with IR, I would already have 3, maybe 4.  
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
FireEMT5 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireEMT5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2016 at 09:26
Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

I'd keep my eyes open, but I'm not on the inside. It just seems like it would be a good choice for Black Friday.
I agree wholeheartedly!  Hopefully Ilya or Jon A. is reviewing it now to put out their thoughts, right before Black Friday, like he did last year with the SFP 3-15's!!!!!

While the group out here may be small, there is a group that would be all over a HD version.  I have a CZ 455 Precision Trainer sitting here that needs glass - I'd prefer it to be HD with a very adjustable parallax, and be branded SS!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll live with a classic line 3-15 FFP if I must, but man I really like the way the ocular focuses and the turrets secure on the HD line over the classic.  It's a much more familiar (to me) and robust design in my very humble opinion.

Black Friday is in 49 days............. Guess we'll know soon enough!
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2016 at 10:05
I would love one as well.  I love my 5-20x, but a 3-15x would be much better for my uses. 
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2016 at 10:05
I've not heard any peeps about IR yet on a SS, but when it happens, i'll have no reason to buy anything else.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2016 at 10:11
I bet with IR he meant illuminated reticle. 

SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2016 at 10:25
that's what I'm talking about.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
FireEMT5 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireEMT5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2016 at 10:33
Come on Chris!  Is the fat lady warming up to sing???!!!!!!!!
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2016 at 11:48
I can tell you that a segment of the precision airgun competition community would love to see an HD version of the SS 3-15 since it has such close parallax adjustment. A buddy of mine who is really into air rifle benchrest made that comment to me and wanted me to ask SWFA about that possibility for him just last week.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2016 at 13:18
I guess if they changed nothing other than upgraded HD glass on the current SS 3-15 you might get there without running the price up a lot.  The 3-15 already has several variations which one do you guys like the best and why?

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
FireEMT5 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireEMT5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2016 at 18:28
Out of them all, I'd have to go with the original FFP 3-15. Now if they bumped up the glass, put in turrets & ocular focus like the HD line, I'd have to have at least 2. The cost of illuminating the reticle would bump up the cost too much, that you may get into or close to a 5-20 non-illuminated.

A guy can hope & dream at least.

I'm willing to bet there is a segment, possibly a big one shooting air guns and .22 LR that would be all over this.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic