OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Budget 1-4x BATTLE: Round 1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoHunter24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Budget 1-4x BATTLE: Round 1
    Posted: November/24/2014 at 21:12
Optisan Mamba 1-4x vs Bushnell AR 1-4x PCL

I have both of these scopes in my posesion and wanted to help people looking into budget 1-4x get an idea of these two scopes. I feel these are high value in $200 range in very different way.

Without the mount deal at swfa I $199.95 the Bushnell PCL

The Bushnell AR PCL is $227.95

Close enough to make them comparable.

The Bushnell AR is a feature rich scope first focal plane, excellent illumination, "cat tail" and some of the best feeling turrets I have ever felt at the pricepoint.
Optically good resolution, bright, clear glass and good contrast. The Bushy is a little weak when it comes to its eyebox, its ability to focus over depth of field. Distortions are noticeable outside of a very tight sweet spot in the eye box.
Durability: I have only had the scope for a little while. So I can't comment on that.

The Mamba

Its longer, bigger and a little heavier. The turrets are mushey, but accurate. The optics are good. Nice bright glass, flat field of view, good contrast and resolution. Nice sweet spot and forgiving eye box.
Durability: I have had this scope for several years and have beat the hell out it. Carbine classes, hunting, dropped, banged and just abbused. The Mamba just keeps on rollin .

While looking at everything it seems the Bushnell is the way to go. Optically they are very close in brightness, resolution and contrast. The mamba is easier to get behind and stay behind. Don't underestimate how valuable that is.

I made all little competition. A points bast test that I conducted in a controlled environment. At least as controlled as I could get it.

Made 2 graded categories
features/build and optics,

round 2 will be the full test and individule scores for each catigorie.
But the final results look like this

Mamba final scores
Features/ build =10.5 out of 16 possible points
Optics where 36.7 out of 40 possible points
Total=47.2 out of 56 possible points

Bushnell AR PCL score
Features/build = 15 out of 16 possible points
Optics=33.5 out off 40 possible points
Total=48.5

Round 2 will be how I conducted this test and points awarded in each category. That way people can add there own point system based on there priorities in the scopes.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic