OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

remington 700 trigger

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/21/2014 at 18:33
If folks would bring their 700 triggers to someone who actually know WTF they were doing, there wouldn't be as big of an aftermarket for replacement triggers. Not for hunting rifles anyway.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/21/2014 at 18:52
Originally posted by RC3291 RC3291 wrote:

After working on automobiles professionally for too many years Brakeklean better be ok to use on rubber. Too many rubber seals in brake calipers and wheel cylinders for it not to be. Yes carb cleaner is different.

Welcome to Optics Talk.

I just duly advised folks not to unnecessarily expose the rubber O ring and the spring to cleaners of most any sort.  
As part of my cleaning regiment, I always take the O ring out and lay it to the side as I clean the rest of the parts, at times with brake cleaner, but not always. The O ring and spring generally get a little bit of CLP of some sort, or just wiped off with a trusty toothbrush.    

Again, it's just me and the way I do stuff.     
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
okc4956 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote okc4956 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/22/2014 at 02:48

Just a dumb question... is brake cleaner cheaper than the Birchwood Casey Gun Scrubber and products like it...?

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/22/2014 at 06:34
Originally posted by okc4956 okc4956 wrote:

Just a dumb question... is brake cleaner cheaper than the Birchwood Casey Gun Scrubber and products like it...?

Are you talking about over all gun cleaning, or triggers, or what? This thread sort of looped around the axle a bit from it's original post. 

For the record, I only use brake cleaner on my AR. Zippo lighter fluid for my triggers on my bolt rifles. 
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic