OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Long Eye relief scopes ??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marine one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Long Eye relief scopes ??
    Posted: January/02/2015 at 12:16

Hi Everyone,- couple question;

Looking for a scope that would give me on L.E.R. about !2 to 13 inch.

I found two scopes,

#1= Leatherwood-Hi-Lux 2x7-32 or 33mm.( 129.00$ ) Eye relief = up to 13 inch.

#2= Burris 2x7-35 mm (379.00 $ ) eye relief=11-21 inch. ( Hand gun scope )

The Burris scope coast much more, but maybe a better scope.

I don't know anything about Hi-Lux scope ??  but coast is far less.

I would be mounting it on Rail maybe a Ultimak rail on forward position on mini 30 582 series.

PLEASE RESPOND TO MY CALL FOR HELP

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/2015 at 12:23
You will need to be looking at scopes designated as either "handgun" or "scout" style scopes exclusively. Standard rifle scopes will have a max ER of around 4" at most.

You didn't specify a max $ amount you're trying to stay within, but I would be looking at one of Leupold's "Handgun" model scopes. IMO, I believe that's your best option.

http://swfa.com/Handgun-C2691.aspx

Edited to add:
IF you want a magnified optic. If not, other great choices would be either an Aimpoint or any decent mini reflex dot sight, which all have unlimited eye relief.

Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Rainman View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2015 at 02:28
I have the Leatherwood 2-7x scout scope and a Burris 2.75x scout scope.  The Burris has the optical quality edge over the Leatherwood but not by much.  I bought the Leatherwood to use on a Marlin 1895 SBL .45-70 with XS Sight's scout scope rail.  However, on that particular rifle setup and caliber the adjustment range of the scope is not enough on the bottom end to get on paper at 100 yards and was still about 4" high at 200 yards.  Optical quality at 7x was just fine for shooting out to 200 to 250 yards.  Overall quality for the money is very good and it held up just fine to the 40 or so rounds of .45-70 I put down range.  The long term durability is unknown and I'm sure the Burris and Leupold scopes will have an edge over the Leatherwood in that area.  If you decide to try a Leatherwood Scout scope I will sell mine for $100 including shipping CONUS since I no longer have a use for it.  It looks new and is complete with factory box and everything that came with it.  My experience with Leatherwood has been very good and my 1-4x CMR has been on several ARs and put a couple thousand rounds down range with 0 problems.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, promoted by mainstream media, which
holds forth that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2015 at 04:30
Marine one, is that your duty station now? My niece's ex was on that detail for a little over three years.
Thank you for your service. He was on with 43 and then some with our current. He got to mountain bike with 43 at Camp David.
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
Avin_111 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avin_111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/13/2015 at 21:06
UTG 3-9×32 Compact CQB Bug Buster AO RGB Scope eye relief 8 to 13 inches 

Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/2015 at 08:19
I would suggest the Aimpoint 9000L

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Dirtyoldsix View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirtyoldsix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/2015 at 08:40
Now this scope is for the person who likes to gamble!

UTG 3-9×32 Compact CQB Bug Buster AO RGB Scope.

If you can see it you can hit it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic