OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Photography > Hot Shots
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Fall leaves

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fall leaves
    Posted: January/18/2015 at 23:06
Although fall is behind us, I just now downloaded these pics I took back in early Nov of some fall leaves. I used wide open aperture (f/2) on most of them to get shallow depth of field and try to get nice bokeh.

Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
daveco View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2015 at 18:20
I like them all.  I especially like the first one, maybe because the tree trunk contrasts with the vivid color of the leaves.
coyote95 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2015 at 18:22
Nice pictures, Ted. The top one looks like a Sweet gum ?
"Life is like riding a bicycle . To keep balance you must keep moving" Albert Einstein
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2015 at 21:26
Originally posted by daveco daveco wrote:

I like them all.  I especially like the first one, maybe because the tree trunk contrasts with the vivid color of the leaves.

Thank you, Dave!
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2015 at 21:28
Originally posted by coyote95 coyote95 wrote:

Nice pictures, Ted. The top one looks like a Sweet gum ?

Thanks! I'm not the best at tree identification. I thought it was a type of maple, but sweet gum and maple leaves look similar, so I get the two mixed up. I don't recall seeing any sweet gum balls on or around the tree anywhere. I was just driving down a rural road and saw this fiery tree right next to a karate studio and stopped to take pics of it.
Ted

Skylar McMahon View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/2015 at 15:57
Very Cool Ted!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic