OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

New Bushnell 4500 Elite Scopes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewwetzel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Bushnell 4500 Elite Scopes
    Posted: February/16/2015 at 22:14
Where are these made? I heard they used Light Optical Works glass and some components, but are assembled in China to keep costs down. Would love to have an affordable side-focus, higher-magnification scope with decent glass. Might even forego my "no Chinese" policy if part is manufactured in a "free" country; would only be half a hypocrite then, I guess.   
Swear I saw where the 6-24X40 had a MSRP of <$400, but can't seem to verify that price...

Edited by lewwetzel - February/16/2015 at 22:34
Wraithlabs View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wraithlabs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2015 at 14:30
Check this scope out. Works beautifully and only cost $288 with amazon prime. Has side adjustments and 6-25x mag with a 56mm objective lens and 35mm scope body. I have used this on my M14A4 rifle and it works beautifully. i would definitely check it out and see what you think. <competitor link removed>

Edited by koshkin - March/10/2015 at 11:54
Aim small miss small! Aim at a shirt button you might miss by 2 inches, aim for the shirt might miss by 2 feet!
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2015 at 15:34
Wraithlabs, make sure you are following the rules of the forum.  This forum is Hosted by SWFA.com.  One of the rules is to not advertised other optic retailers whom are their competitors. 

Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2015 at 15:58
Sounds like the scope is larger than the AR. Wink
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2015 at 16:09
So I looked up ADE optics.  Looks like counter sniper all over again.  http://www.adeadvancedoptics.com/products/

They cannot even size the pictures right for the website.  That screams of high quality there. Loco
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2015 at 16:25
I would be wary as well, their website doesn't scream quality or competence.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/2015 at 11:55
ADE scopes are certified garbage.

They are basically poorly machined paperweights.

ILya
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/2015 at 12:20
Are you saying the $300 aircraft aluminum Crusader is a POS? I'm shocked.
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/2015 at 12:32
For clarity, and posterity: there are exceedingly reliable and quality scopes in the $300 range.  To Koshkin's point: I have yet to see a $300 scope with that many features that was worth the money they asked for it.

For many who do not spin turrets - or shoot much - these scopes are an inexpensive piece of cool looking equipment, and that is how they sell them.  That an optical physicist and a few avid shooters do not look positively on the scope is not an indictment on those who bought them, junk is junk, and some people don't know the players or the game well enough to immediately notice.

Wraith, I am glad you like your scope, maybe yours is the exception to the usual, but they do not appear to be scopes made for serious marksmen.

I can recommend scopes in the $300 range, but none will have all the "stuff" that one does.  It is not a precision optical instrument any more than a chrome exhaust tip is a performance-enhancing add-on for a Honda Civic.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
INDNAGENT View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote INDNAGENT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/11/2015 at 21:22
Exactly what I was thinking.
INDNAGENT View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote INDNAGENT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/11/2015 at 21:40
This is Counter Sniper 2.1.

Bertrillium-Zantitium????

If you call them an ask what exactly is Bertrillium-Zantitium. You will get transferred to several people an this joke of a company. A guy that answer's the phone as Chief Executive he will say Bertrillium-Zantitium an the other ABCDEFG words they made up in their ads are just sales gimmick's. My nephew bought junk scope from sportsmens guide a few years. He put it on a Ruger 270 WSM after 40 rounds of Federal ammo it wouldn't group. He ask me to call "DARK OPS" About their fantastic warranty where we were told to contact sportsmens guide. Lucky they refunded his $450+ money back.
Wraithlabs View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wraithlabs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/12/2015 at 10:01
Sorry i just read the rules and saw the part about the posting about competors. Didnt mean to cause trouble. After all that has been said i understand what you all are are saying but has anyone used the scope i have and found anything wrong with it? I have yet to find anything wrong with it and all i can say is i love it so far. If someone has a better suggestion please post it. I would love to hear what i should be shooting for, pun in tended.
Aim small miss small! Aim at a shirt button you might miss by 2 inches, aim for the shirt might miss by 2 feet!
hatton mann View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatton mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/12/2015 at 16:16
jeez mr. wetzell, too bad your thread got thrown of track. better luck next time.

That aside, though SWFA does carry Bushnell products, the newer '3500' and '4500' series scopes are not listed,,,so I doubt you'll get much feed back here.

I did a search and couldn't find much of anything under Bushnell 4500, looks like no one has done a proper review at this time.  If you have one, you could post a review,,,Smile
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/12/2015 at 20:58
I had called Bushnell only a few weeks ago about these scopes and they hadn't got all the models in stock as of then so if anyone is telling you about spending time with one of these new models I would have to say they were FOS. What Bushnell told me is that they were basically updated 3200 and 4200 models with their latest technology regarding their Rainguard HD, Ultra Wide Band lens coatings and Argon purging instead of nitrogen.
saltydog235 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saltydog235 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/13/2015 at 07:45
Wish they'd put the 4A Ill Reticle back in them.  Bushnell had the best #4 for hunting applications out there.  Not very good on the range but twilight it is was awesome.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic