OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Binoculars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Steiner Bins

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Steiner Bins
    Posted: March/26/2015 at 19:55
I've have a pair of Steiner 7x50 B military bins, and was wondering about the years these were in production, and are these very good, and about how much they sold for new.
I really enjoy them a lot, they always go with me in the boat fishing, I'm hoping the heat does not damage them while out fishing?
I've read on here til I'm cross eyed trying to find info. about this model, but can't seem to find anything on the model B anywhere. Any info. on this model would greatly appreciated... 
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2015 at 20:11
I could be wrong about this but I believe the "B" series are the ones that have a threaded objective lens so that you can screw on various filters and ARD's. I might be confusing them with the reticle versions though.

Edited by Roy Finn - March/26/2015 at 20:16
GaryM View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2015 at 22:06
Thank you sir for the info, I know nothing about binoculars at all . I have a friend that gave me these about 10 years ago. I was just wondering about how good they are, and their value. I would never sale these because he thought enough of me to give these to me, but was just wondering about them.
GaryM View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2015 at 22:27
I forgot to ask...the eye lens are a little dirty what can I use to clean the lens with?

Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2015 at 15:48
As far as cleaning, you can get any number of lens cleaning solutions available at camera shops. Personally, I like to use Zeiss spray along with a camera lens quality cleaning cloth. Zeiss also makes convenient pre-moistened individual all in one tissues. For cleaning slightly dirty lenses in the field, I use a LensPen which you can get from the site sponsor, SWFA.   
GaryM View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2015 at 16:55
Thanks Roy, I will order some cleaning stuff from the site.
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2015 at 17:58
To answer your other question, I believe those models from the B series had their best optics and a 30 yr warranty. Steiner used to have two warranty builds. Those with a 10 yr warranty and those with a 30 yr warranty. The 30 yr models had a tougher build construction and their best optics too.
coyote95 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2015 at 11:42
http://www.steiner-optics.com/history this is a good start and alsoGoogle It that model
"Life is like riding a bicycle . To keep balance you must keep moving" Albert Einstein
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic