OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

2015 Tax Day Sale?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2015 Tax Day Sale?
    Posted: April/08/2015 at 14:59
I was wondering if SWFA had released their tax day sale ad yet. I didn't see it posted anywhere, but I could have missed it. Thanks!
MikieG View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikieG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2015 at 10:37
I am looking for the very same thing.
MikieG View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikieG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2015 at 10:46
Ok folks, Skylar says that the particulars of the tax day sale are not set yet. There will be a sale. We will know on the 14th.

Get yer pennies together boys!
mipinner View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mipinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/14/2015 at 13:32
Has there been any information released relating to the items which will be on sale? This money is burning a hole in my pocket! Smile
MikieG View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikieG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/14/2015 at 14:34
Not yet. Skyler says they are having the sale. Figured they would give us a headsup so we can gather our pennies.
Skylar McMahon View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/14/2015 at 14:37
Originally posted by MikieG MikieG wrote:

Ok folks, Skylar says that the particulars of the tax day sale are not set yet. There will be a sale. We will know on the 14th.

Get yer pennies together boys!

We will be sending out a mass email this evening. If you haven't already, opt in to our email list and we will be happy to send you the update.

Also, I will post it in the " Check Here Often" Forum.
saltydog235 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saltydog235 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/14/2015 at 22:08
Is the sale going to have a special section for the "I had to stroke the damn goobermint a check" crowd?
MikieG View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikieG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/14/2015 at 22:53
I still have not found the announcement. Not even email.
mipinner View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mipinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/15/2015 at 07:06
Don't get too excited. 8% store wide. Major disappointment!
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/15/2015 at 07:54
Really???!!! Got any cheese with that whine?
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/15/2015 at 08:08
My thoughts too Ric,  Some folks are ungrateful for anything.  Want you to give it to them.   
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
MikieG View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikieG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/15/2015 at 08:09
I will just have to wait till black friday. No big deal.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/15/2015 at 08:17

Originally posted by mipinner mipinner wrote:

Don't get too excited. 8% store wide. Major disappointment!

What would be disappointing about it?  Tax Day Sale, local taxes are 8.25%, so basically, local buyers get stuff (storewide) tax free.  For "non-local" buyers, a pretty good discount on already discounted items throughout the store.  I've checked a few other "like" sellers, just a few, and found "get $XX off" of selected items (that are probably not high sellers and just need to move) and the $XX quite often does not equal 8% off the items.  SWFA provides great products at better than average prices... and sometimes provides an additional savings to the customers. 

Thank you SWFA... I appreciate it.

Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
MikieG View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikieG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/15/2015 at 08:41
I dont think most here are disappointed in the 8% off of store wide brands. Myself, i was waiting for discounts on the in house SS brand optics.

Interesting thing. The black friday sale had 25% discounts. Blavk friday kicks off the xmas season. A time when we are to take our very limited money and spend it on others.

Tax season has folks with newly found "extra" money with no obligation of good will towards others. In other words, we can spend this money on ourselves.

No probs, i will wait for black friday.
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/15/2015 at 08:51

Tax season has folks with newly found "extra" money with no obligation of good will towards others. 

I must be doing it all wrong!  Tax season for me is all about obligations for others and the ever-increasing portion of my hard-earned money that goes to them - and not voluntarily.

I support SWFA when they do not give me any discount,and more when they do!  True, it isn't Black Friday savings, but complaining about a discount?  Really?
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
saltydog235 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saltydog235 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/15/2015 at 12:38
Originally posted by Rancid Coolaid Rancid Coolaid wrote:

Tax season has folks with newly found "extra" money with no obligation of good will towards others. 

I must be doing it all wrong!  Tax season for me is all about obligations for others and the ever-increasing portion of my hard-earned money that goes to them - and not voluntarily.

I support SWFA when they do not give me any discount,and more when they do!  True, it isn't Black Friday savings, but complaining about a discount?  Really?

Heck, I'd settle for not working 50-60hs a week, zero deductions taken in my check and at the end of the year just calling it even.  We've paid the goobermint every year for the past 8 years after paying in all year.

Flat Tax or Fair Tax.
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/15/2015 at 16:35
I could go with the Fair Tax myself.
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
PasoGunner View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PasoGunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/15/2015 at 19:08
II'm very happy with the 8% off. It saved me $60. Now the backorder till July on the SWFA 16X scope seems odd. One person said late this month. I ordered at 1230 am pacific time.

PasoGunner
338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/15/2015 at 19:42
I'll be honest I was hoping for the unveiling of a new scope or something crazy...Hiding
MikieG View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikieG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/16/2015 at 00:07
I never complained about something i chose not to participate in. I have chosen to hold my 3200 bucks until black friday. I have 4 swfa scopes and am looking to add 2 more. Id say that they have my support.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic