OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

LAW Rifle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/03/2015 at 12:02
Good deal! Sharp Shooter
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
DCAMM94 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/03/2015 at 12:03
Whoa!  Good deal.  I wish I had the scratch for something that swanky!Batman
Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel we must not stand in the path of improvement. -Winston Churchill
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/03/2015 at 12:07
Just received a text from my hunting partner, retired NYSP and Swat team member who absolutely insists on doing the break in process. You could put his pic in the dictionary next to anal. He has more rifles than he knows what to do with and now retired time also.

Edited by Peddler - September/03/2015 at 12:46
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/03/2015 at 12:28
Originally posted by Peddler Peddler wrote:

Well I just received a phone call and it was good news, the rifle is shipping today.

😎

Sweet!!!
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/03/2015 at 14:16
Originally posted by Peddler Peddler wrote:

Just received a text from my hunting partner, retired NYSP and Swat team member who absolutely insists on doing the break in process. You could put his pic in the dictionary next to anal. He has more rifles than he knows what to do with and now retired time also.

Tons of debates about barrel break-in and IMO, if you have a factory barrel (such as a hammer forged or any other high volume tube) it could benefit the barrel. Now with the LAW rifle, it is advertised to have a match grade "lapped" barrel, so I feel that it is a waste of time, money and barrel life. I spoke with the guys up at Hart Barrels and they told me that the only reason they put a barrel break-in procedure on their website was to cut down on the amount of emails and phone calls they would get, thus wasting their time. They said to me that their barrels didn't need it. They also said that using moly coated bullets would void any warranty on their barrels as well.
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/03/2015 at 14:41
Roy, I'll never wear the barrel out on this thing, I'm too old. My partner said with this barrel it probably wouldn't be more than 10 or 15 shots if that before he puts the bore scope on it. He just has to fiddle around and play expert. It's fun to watch, he's like a little kid with a new toy. He'll inspect every inch of it.

I know Paul is retired now, his shop is about an hour from where I live. Paul was quite a fisherman in his younger days.
I haven't seen him in years.

He re barreled a 700 in.280 for a friend about 25 years ago and it still shoots 1/2 moa.

Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/03/2015 at 16:18
If you have the spare time and want to break it in, fine. You should ask your friend why he recommends the break-in process and what exactly is he breaking in ? If he doesn't mention that it is actually the throat of the barrel you are breaking in, then he is just blowing smoke (in a friendly way) up the whazoo. It's the throat of the barrel or chamber/leed area that can have a rough surface from reaming that folks are attempting to smooth up with the break-in procedure.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/03/2015 at 16:23
My break-in procedure:

1. Load firearm
2. Shoot firearm
3. Repeat steps 1&2 as often as possible.

Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/03/2015 at 16:30
....sounds to complex......I'm getting a headache...

I tried to post up that Big Stick guys youtube video for break-in but I can't figure out how to post it up here. I can post the link, but not the youtube video so that's it's visable in the post.
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/03/2015 at 16:55
Here you go Roy

Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/03/2015 at 17:12
Originally posted by supertool73 supertool73 wrote:

Here you go Roy

OMG, THIS IS ON THE WAY TO MY PARTNER, HE WILL WET HIMSELF, ITS HILARIOUS.

Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/03/2015 at 18:54
You'd have to search far and wide to find someone with as much hunting rifle experience than he has. He is obnoxious , but he knows a lot about what makes rifles tick.
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/03/2015 at 18:55
What tab are you clicking on to paste a youtube video on here.. ?
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/03/2015 at 19:06
Just clicked on share at the top,of the page.then sent it to him.

mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/03/2015 at 19:09
I showed my cousin/hunting partner that video a couple of years ago, he just about died laughing.
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/03/2015 at 19:27
Mike that is hilarious!!! My buddy already has gotten a charge out of it.
Like I said he is a real shooter and just puts up with my sorry butt and feels that I need real direction which of course is correct.
While I only shoot factory loads which of course drop Whitetails as well as his handloads because my longest shot might be 300 yards he still busts my chops.

Two years ago he dropped one at 450 on another part of the property. Needless to say I stay in my treehouse or ground blind which ever penny ops to take that day.
This year she will be ground blind only no climbing ladders with the new hip.

I can't wait to see the new rifle.My dealer has received three 26 Noslers so far and I got to look at two of them and one 300 Win mag.and they all looked great.

supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/03/2015 at 20:32
Originally posted by Roy Finn Roy Finn wrote:

I just use the BBcodes and then add the letters and numbers after the = from the you tube url
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/03/2015 at 21:07
Originally posted by supertool73 supertool73 wrote:

Originally posted by Roy Finn Roy Finn wrote:

I just use the BBcodes and then add the letters and numbers after the = from the you tube url

Ok, never tried it that way. Other forums have the you tube icon which makes linking vids simple.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/04/2015 at 16:51
I just get Rifledude to post my videos....    
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/04/2015 at 17:05
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

I just get Rifledude to post my videos....    

Being puter challenged among other things I always ask for help!

😎

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
  Share Topic