OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

need info on witch scope to buy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanyewvhuter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: need info on witch scope to buy
    Posted: July/28/2006 at 18:36
ok everone im new to the here..i but a winchester model 70 super shadow 270 wsm 2 years ago..it came with a simmons 3-9x40 8 point...i would like a better scope then what i got now for under $300.any info u guys have would be nice
Wevil View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wevil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/28/2006 at 18:40

I had a very similar question not long ago, and price versus performance this is the one that made the most sense to me.

http://www.riflescopes.com/products/423944M/bushnell_3-9x40_ elite_4200_rifle_scope.htm

Bushnell Elite 4200 3-9x40     $259.00

wanyewvhuter View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanyewvhuter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/28/2006 at 18:47
i was lookin at that or the 3200 ..the only thing im not sure about is if there is enough eye  Relief  ..my guy kicks like a sun of a gun lol
Anthony View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/29/2006 at 11:19
A Leupold scope would have generous eye relief however I cannot say that it is a good idea to buy one, unless you buy one of their higher end models, which is out of your price range. If I couldn't spend any more money and eye relief was a major factor, I would get the vx-II in 3-9x40mm. A burris FF2 would can easily outdo a vx-II at 100$ less, but has a half inch less eye relief.
ceylonc View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceylonc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/29/2006 at 16:25

The Elite 4200 is a good choice.  I'm a fan of Burris Fullfield II and the new Nikon Buckmasters line as well.

Check out SWFA's "Sample List" as well.  Some great deals to be had on lightly used scopes.

Losthwy View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Losthwy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/2006 at 11:54
I sold my Leupold II 3-9x40mm and put on a NIKON MONARCH 4X fixed power scope. A fixed powered will deliver the brightness and offer optics the variables costing much more. So if your on a budget or like me wanting quality optics and low weight. Check out the fixed power scopes.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/2006 at 13:12
6526 Nikon 3-9x40 Monarch UCC Riflescope Nikon 3-9x40 Monarch UCC Riflescope
  • Matte
  • BDC
  • 1"
SWFA: $329.95
More Info... Buy Now
6508 Nikon 6x42 Monarch UCC Riflescope Nikon 6x42 Monarch UCC Riflescope
  • Matte
  • Nikoplex
  • 1"
SWFA: $259.95
More Info... Buy Now
the 6x has 3.5 in of eye relief and the 3x9 has 3.7 in of eye relief.  The BDC reticle might be useful. Other than that you could buy a fixed power 10X Super Sniper for $299.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic