OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Scorpion optics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westernbcab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scorpion optics
    Posted: August/24/2015 at 19:32
I am looking into a new rifle scope for a 30.06. I have a leupold 3x9-40mm on it now, and it's great, but I am looking for something with a little more range, 4-12 or even a 4-16. I am a huge fan of vortex, they have great glass and an awesome warranty. I have a set of binos and a spotting scope with them, and they're great.

Recently I've been pushed onto scorpion optics, but I don't know anyone with first hand experience. I know they have a similar warranty to vortex, they are built pretty well in the same factory in china, and they are somewhat similar in cost.

Just looking for some input if anyone has bought a scorpion, and what they think. Issues, problems, things they like?

Appreciate the help.
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2015 at 19:36
Why would you want to change?

Is it broke?

Welcome to the OT.
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
shoottokill View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shoottokill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/18/2015 at 01:13
I have experience with their Venom Max series. You will love it when hunting, because you can enjoy the most bright and open field of view. 
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/18/2015 at 07:28
Originally posted by shoottokill shoottokill wrote:

I have experience with their Venom Max series. You will love it when hunting, because you can enjoy the most bright and open field of view. 

The "most"?? Define most....please. 

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Skylar McMahon View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/18/2015 at 09:01
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

Originally posted by shoottokill shoottokill wrote:

The "most"?? Define most....please. 

I don't fully understand that either.  I think some elaboration is in order.

Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/18/2015 at 09:15
This looks suspiciously like another "get the name out" scheme.
In looking at their website, they seem to be bow hunters that decided to sell optics, no mention of optics expertise, experience, or education.
And they have custom turrets that turn any rifle into a tack driver.

So...no, I'll pass. "No name" optics tacking themselves onto Vortex success, but with none of the fuss over design, development, or earning reputation, just "built in the same factory, so..." BS
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/19/2015 at 07:30
😴

Magnumdood View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnumdood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2015 at 21:32
Originally posted by westernbcab westernbcab wrote:

Recently I've been pushed onto scorpion optics, but I don't know anyone with first hand experience. I know they have a similar warranty to vortex, they are built pretty well in the same factory in china, and they are somewhat similar in cost.

It doesn't matter if they have the manufacturing room next to the Vortex room.  The scopes are built to the specifications the factory receives.  If the Scorpion specifications are different than Vortex specifications the scopes will not have much in common...other than they were both built in China.
America - Home of the Free

Because of the Brave
silvrjeepr View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvrjeepr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/29/2015 at 09:24

Gotta love those cheap marketing ploys...

If they wanted to get the word out, how about a post like "hey, I'm from this company and invite you to try product xxx."

Looks like any curiosity I may have had for this company is now null and void, and I'll stay away from them at all costs...

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. -- Mark Twain
Magnumdood View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnumdood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/30/2015 at 00:22
The scorpion rifle scopes are not "cheap".  Their flagship model is pushing $1K.
America - Home of the Free

Because of the Brave
silvrjeepr View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvrjeepr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/02/2015 at 11:05

The scopes may or may not be cheap, but the underhanded cheap marketing ploy gets under my skin. Shyster comes to mind... Maybe it's just me...

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. -- Mark Twain
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/02/2015 at 17:12
😎 😈

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic