OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > The Ed Show
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

The Last Year of Obama

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 179180181182183 228>
Author
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/03/2016 at 13:04
Originally posted by Son of Ed Son of Ed wrote:

If you can hit an egg at 50 yards with your Colt 22, well, go ahead and take the shot!   Excellent

Ed, this is in no way directed at or toward you or what your intent may be In this post.

It struck a nerve in me that compels me to comment.

I "HATE" stuff like this. Few people in the world have the skill and more importantly the confidence in that skill to take a shielding hostage shot. My training involved more aspects of the "full circle impact" of taking a shielding hostage shot than I could  have ever fathomed. The only time a shot like that is ethical is if you know with all certainty that the potential/likely death of the hostage is warranted to eliminate harm to or death of a larger element. And you have to come to grips with the fact that your round is likely going to end the hostage's life.

In several of the distance competitions I have been in they have a shielding hostage shot in one of the stages. I wanted to protest the concept and show the organizers their error but decided that I would have been seen as petty or over doing it in a civilian competition.

When you understand even 50% of the variables in making a shot like that you begin to realize that the likely hood of your shot killing the hostage is far to high to make "just" to save that hostage. If it is determined that the gunman is going to kill the hostage, then what do you do. If you do nothing and the hostage is killed then you are scrutinized for doing nothing but, if you take the shot and kill the hostage. How do you deal with that? Because you are going to even if following orders. It always comes down to who's finger was on the trigger. I have some skill and some confidence, to a distance I will not share but, even with that you have to weigh the countless other factors that are beyond self. You have to know your weapon, it has to be part of you. But even then there is the "murphy factor". Did you pull a bad round, did you clean the weapon and have not yet re-fouled the bore. Remember, you are most likely dealing with a cold bore shot (2" can mean everything). Do you have time or opportunity to make a stable rest/point of aim. And then there is the stupid stuff. He may spin just as you touch off the round, a bird or bug may fly into the bullet path. When you consider "full circle impact" you will discover that a shielding hostage shot 98% of the time is unethical.

Now to get to a place of skill and confidence you have to practice those shots and put yourself thru intense stressful training. In our training the bad guy never misses. We had to assess the situation in an instant determine who was the bad and who was the innocent. If you missed a shot on a bad your dead, end of story. If you misjudge and shoot a innocent your dead, end of story. You had to pick the bad and shoot before they shot and you had 3 to 5 seconds to do it. You want to know high stress and adrenalin, get into hostage rescue training. Also you have to be able to zero in on the task (make the shot) and still keep vigilant awareness of the whole picture. Any number of things can change in a second that will push or pull your action. In some ways I miss it but in all honestly I am so glad not to be in it.

In these days any one of us may step into a kill zone where we will have to defend self or others. The hardest thing anyone in that place faces, after the shock of its reality is "tunnel vision". It will get you killed and or cause you to be responsible for collateral damage. I like to tell people "you fight like you train" and that is true. But a frustrating reality is (even those with training) until you have to face your death or the death of someone else you won't know what you will do. But, come what may I'm thankful for the training I've endure over the yrs.

Keep vigilant, practice, pray always...................soap box surrendered!

Salute!

Oh! If the target has a female hostage atleast let her look like a female.........

Edited by Sgt. D - July/03/2016 at 13:12
Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/04/2016 at 00:20
Well, that's an awful lot of variables in your training.  

My ex-wife and I were always shooting single actions ( except I did shoot a Colt Woodsman for a while, which was freaking amazing.  I got so spoiled to that old Colt Woodsman, that, years later, I bought a Browning Buckmark and traded it in a few months later because it was embarrassingly horrible... ) 

I wouldn't feel as confident shooting a semi-automatic, not without a lot of getting used to the gun and it's disposition.  

But, not being in Law Enforcement, and never having been trained in all those 'maybe this might happen' scenarios, I would just shoot the bastard.  

...and hope there is no Richter 7 earthquake, or flock of geese swooping down in the line of fire, or my getting hit by lightning when I squeeze the trigger....!   

Fortunately, I don't have to deal with all of those Procedures.....

I couldn't deal with being a cop....they seem to have a million ways to screw you guys....

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/04/2016 at 00:55

Wait–Bill Clinton Did What To Ensure He Would Run Into Attorney General Loretta Lynch In Phoenix?

Secret Meeting: Bill Clinton and Loretta LynchMob

Clinton delayed his departure from Phoenix to insure that he would accidentally bump into the Attorney General who will determine if Hillary goes to Sing Sing.....

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2016/07/03/waitbill-clinton-did-what-to-ensure-he-would-run-into-attorney-general-loretta-lynch-n2187391

Visit the Ed Show
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/04/2016 at 09:01
Charge the bastard with obstruction of justice!!!!   Arrest him too!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/04/2016 at 10:01
Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/04/2016 at 10:04

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/04/2016 at 10:13
Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/04/2016 at 12:35

" Obama wants to insure the Brits that the British Citizens voting to leave the EU will not derail the relationship that the Left Wing Obama Administration has with Britain and the Queen.  It will continue to shipwreck on the reef! " 

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/04/2016 at 12:42

" Obama is going to send the Queen twelve hours worth of DVDs of his very own Press Conferences.....on Region 1 DVDs discs! " 

Visit the Ed Show
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/04/2016 at 15:27
In the wrong format!!!
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/04/2016 at 15:42

" That's the best way to watch them! " 

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/04/2016 at 15:55

" ( Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! ) "

" Obama's an Intellectual Midget! " 

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/04/2016 at 16:03
Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/04/2016 at 16:07

Maudit bob hope the old grey mayor

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/04/2016 at 16:11

hope

" .....Obi Wan Kenobi, Help America!  Obi Wan Kenobi, Help America!... "  

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/04/2016 at 16:25
Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/04/2016 at 16:29

" We need to start telling every school kid in America the Truth about the Democrats, from an early age. Pretty soon the Democrats will make it illegal for Americans to THINK!....."

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/04/2016 at 16:47

" When they outlaw Thinking, we'll all have to walk around America pretending we're Democrats! " 

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/04/2016 at 17:52

" What are you thinking about, Painless? " 

" Are you kidding?  Don't be silly!  ( By the way, look at the Nuclear Reactors on that redhead in the third row...) "  

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/04/2016 at 18:03

Visit the Ed Show
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 179180181182183 228>
  Share Topic