OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Photography > Hot Shots
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

T-Ball Photo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T-Ball Photo
    Posted: October/23/2015 at 09:23

Last season of the year and the director thought because the coach and assistants had beards, he would dub us the Giants this year.

I wasn't complaining, because I had an idea in mind to play off of that.

I decided to have some beards made that hook around there ears.  And the kids just loved it. Of course trying to get them to hold still for the picture was tricky, but this was too good not to share.

DCAMM94 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/23/2015 at 09:27
That. Is. Awesome.

But how do you play baseball with 7?
Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel we must not stand in the path of improvement. -Winston Churchill
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/23/2015 at 09:28
That's funny
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/23/2015 at 09:37
Absolutely hilarious! Great pic.
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
Skylar McMahon View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/23/2015 at 09:37

I wish more of the photos turned out better, but trying to hold still and smile can of course be tricky when you are ready to play. We have had a super season thus far and up till last night we were undefeated.  Excellent I couldn't be more proud as a coach and of course a father for one of the players.

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/23/2015 at 09:51
Like I told you before, it starts with great coaches who can convey the game in a way the kids understand it and translate it to the field.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/23/2015 at 09:54

You absolutely right brother.

I know its T-Ball, but one thing about the asst. coaches and my self, when we see the opposing team struggle to get a hit off the tee, we express that with Logan (umpire) to let them swing away. Eventually they make a connection and you can see how much fun they are having.

Not everyone is like that. There was one team in the league who's coach is all about winning and the way he talks with the kids is unsettling. When we last opposed them, he even got in the umpires face telling him how to call the game. Next we, our last game we play them again. I'm not certain if I will be able to hold my tongue. We may have to have a meeting in left field.

Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/23/2015 at 10:16
Good luck Sky the world is full of them. He's the loser!

Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/23/2015 at 10:28
Originally posted by DCAMM94 DCAMM94 wrote:

That. Is. Awesome.

But how do you play baseball with 7?

We were missing one. Autumn was not able to make it for picture day. I'm not certain if it was a communication error on behalf or if she just didn't see the email I sent out to all the parents.

We have a Pitcher, First base, one in-between first and second, Second Baseman, Short, Third base and two outfielders.

Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/23/2015 at 11:13

Originally posted by Peddler Peddler wrote:

Good luck Sky the world is full of them. He's the loser!

Oh I know that Skip, just you'd think that kids from 3-6 years of age would be taught and educated on the fundamentals of baseball and teamwork, you know because they are kids. They simply do not have knowledge of the game. To many of them this is foreign and they have never played before. I guess because I care about how the game is played and wanting them to play better, I focus much of my attention on developing them into players who value the game.

I believe it will help them to recognize that there are those who are better and those who are not quite as fortunate at playing the game.

Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/23/2015 at 11:59
Indeed.

coyote95 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/23/2015 at 15:36
Excellent That's a good one ! Thanks for sharing Skylar
"Life is like riding a bicycle . To keep balance you must keep moving" Albert Einstein
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/2015 at 10:39
Oh man, that brings back memories! Coaching Tee ball is like herding cats most of the time! Some of the most fun I had with my boy was coaching his baseball teams. Good luck and enjoy the heck out of it!
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2015 at 08:44

Mike it is a blast, it's my second season coaching his team. What I really enjoyed was nearly everyone is a returning player.  All but two are veterans from my last team. On of the parents said as long as you plan to volunteer and coach, Brayden will be on your team.

Not sure why that didn't load correctly. That was a team photo that I took, while waiting on the designated photographer set up for the league.

Edited by Skylar McMahon - October/30/2015 at 09:15
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/30/2015 at 09:29

Well guys, last night was the final game of the season for our team, who played very well. We ended our season 8 / 1 / 0. Last night we played the A's who I had an issue with their coach which I noted above. Last night, it was not as severe as the first, even though he still played all of his kids up as close the line as possible, I told my kids. Listen. I want you to concentrate and hit that little ball as hard as you can and then run as fast as you can to first base.

We finished this game 12 to 8 and then tagged good games after. Shortly there after, the umpire had the awards to pass out. I told the kids we are planning huge PIZAA PARTY for them on Sunday, since it is a school night and we played so late, of which they were very excited.

On another note, all the parents asked how next year was going to work, because they would like to continue to play together. I can't elaborate how that makes you feel as a coach. Next year, starts coach pitch and I cannot wait to see how its going to turn out, but I see batting cages in our future.

Here's a couple from last night.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic