OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Help: Leupold vx2, Cabelas Instinct, or Viper?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jktbnelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help: Leupold vx2, Cabelas Instinct, or Viper?
    Posted: November/06/2015 at 22:42
Hey, everyone. New here and need some help - looking at buying either the Leupold vx2 3-9 40mm Duplex, Cabelas Instinct 3-9 42mm Duplex, or the Vortex Viper 3.5-10 50mm BDC? I've got a Ruger 7mm Mag and hunt Midwestern big game, deer and possibly elk in future. These are all on sale now for between $250 to $300,so price not a factor. Looking for which has best optics, clarity, low light, etc. I'Let me know which one I should buy this weekend. Thx everyone!
-Jeff
JLud View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JLud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/07/2015 at 07:58
Instinct is meopta meopro, that would be my first choice.
That thing on the left....my old ride, some days I miss her.
Whitefire View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitefire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/07/2015 at 08:02
Some will disagree but I'd vote solidly in the VXII column. Decent glass,  good warranty and American made,  though the glass may be imported, not sure.  

My personal history with Leupold gives me a strong bias...  We'll over 40 years,  no failure from any model from the Rifleman,  VXIII to top tear tactical. 

Vortex has disappointed some folks in both quality and warranty,  I have no idea with regard to the Cabela's Instinct product, others may. 

Wf

May His face shine upon you and give you peace.
JLud View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JLud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/07/2015 at 09:50
To me if you want to get close to instinct, it's the vx3 or zeiss conquest.
That thing on the left....my old ride, some days I miss her.
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/07/2015 at 10:42
Originally posted by Whitefire Whitefire wrote:

Vortex has disappointed some folks in both quality and warranty,  I have no idea with regard to the Cabela's Instinct product, others may.

I don't think i haver ever read of a complant against vortex's warranty. I dare bet the ones u have read about are few, as they have set a new standard for optics warranty. I have read about many Leupold issues as well

I have used the warranty service of Leupold, Vortex, Meopta and Cabelas. All have been excellent In my experience.

Optically the meoptas are excellent. But the other two are good also. My choice would be Meopta.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic