OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Binoculars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Zeiss 7x42 BT*

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westrn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zeiss 7x42 BT*
    Posted: November/27/2015 at 13:31
I've been gradually trying to upgrade my optics beginning with a Pentax 8x40 wp, then a Pentax 10x40 wp, a Fujinon 7x42 CD and a Zen-Ray Ed II 7x36. I just sold a Fujinon 7x50 Fmtr-sx ( view was great , but just too darn big) now awaiting delivery of a Zeiss 7x42 dialyt BT*. Trying to work my way to a true alpha bin. I'm wondering if I will be getting close.( to be truthful the Pentax 8x40 is a very clear bright binocular, not being down on them at all) Just wanting to get one of the best. Any thoughts guys?

Thanks,
                                                       John
John
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/27/2015 at 16:43
I have Dialyt 7x42 B's and they are most certainly alpha class binoculars. I have been using them all day long with some Steiner and Meopta binoculars I have. The Zeiss are quite a bit better.
Doug
anweis View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anweis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/27/2015 at 17:23
I used the Zeiss Dyalit B*T* for 20 years of hunting, then switched to the new Victory FL 7x42. No matter what anyone says, these are the best hunting binoculars ever, period. Especially when you need low light performance. 
In the last few years I've gotten old and lazy and switched to a smaller 8x32.

westrn View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westrn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2015 at 23:55
Thanks for the input. I'm looking forward to trying them out when they arrive.
John
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic