OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Member's Trading Post > Firearms For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

.375 H&H -- Sako 75 "Hunter"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maverick2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: .375 H&H -- Sako 75 "Hunter"
    Posted: December/05/2015 at 17:24

Sako Model 75 "Hunter" for sale -- chambered for .375 H&H.  Configured with a wood Monte Carlo stock and palm swell, and blued barrel and action.  Barrel length is 24 3/8", and bare rifle weighs 8 5/8 lbs.  Includes 1" Warne rings, but no scope.  (The rings are shown in the pics -- scope shown is a 40 mm objective, so rings look like they give sufficient clearance for scopes up to a 50 mm objective).  I purchased it new in 2003, and have shot less than 100 rounds  with it.  It's in excellent condition (2 marks in the wood at the top, rear left side of the comb) and a great shooting rifle.  This is a great stock for the larger calibers and heavier recoil rifles.  Rifle is very accurate -- I've shot 1/2" groups with it a couple times using factory ammo, and shot a 3/4" group today out in the cold(with a bad case of coffee jitters).  I don't shoot it anymore, and it's too good of a rifle to sit unused.  $1150.

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/05/2015 at 18:20
Wow, that is a beautiful firearm… dang you… I'm thinking...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/05/2015 at 18:25
Sure is purdy! Do it Dan. I'm sure you need another " big un ".
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
Maverick2 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maverick2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/05/2015 at 19:57
If you had told me 3 years ago I'd be selling this rifle, I'd have said you're nuts.  It shoulders better than any other rifle I own, and is easily the second most accurate rifle I have (shooting factory ammo at that).  It was my primary hunting rifle (deer, elk, and moose) for about 10 yrs (and still would be) but I inherited a rifle that is always going to get first dibs on going out with me now, so the writing is on the wall that this one is going to get little use.  For the last 3 years, it really only left the safe to shoot targets off my bench so I was contemplating a different recoil pad, but that's the only thing I ever considered changing.   (It does come with some good hunting karma, delivering a beautiful B&C Shiras moose.)  
urbaneruralite View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote urbaneruralite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2015 at 17:59
Don't do it!
Maverick2 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maverick2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2015 at 20:55

Originally posted by urbaneruralite urbaneruralite wrote:

Don't do it!

LOL!  Yeah, I've heard that a time or two -- it seems to be the prevailing advice.  Doesn't make any sense to hang onto it though.  The rifle that has taken its place as my hunter was my Dad's Mannlicher stocked Mauser (fits me almost as well as the Sako, and a pretty darn cool rifle to carry).  It's currently  getting re-bored to a 9.3x62 Mauser, so I'll have a lot of overlap with the .375.  And then there's the practical and economic aspects of it -- do I let a nice rifle sit (unused) in the gun safe, or do I sell it to upgrade to a lot nicer scope for the 9.3 that will get a ton of use and I'll enjoy immensely???  I'm going with the latter.  That said, since this is an Optics forum, I guess it would be wise for me to mention I'd be open to trading the Sako for a great scope (as long as the scope fit my needs well).  I'm looking for a scope with good low light capabilities and illuminated reticle for dusk and dawn hunting in thick timber.  Prefer bottom end of the mag range around 2, and upper end between 8 and 10.  I don't want to go over a 40 mm objective, and really want to stick with a scope that's got water shedding coatings if possible.  Scopes currently on the short list are the Meopta Meostar R2 1.7-10x42 w/ illuminated 4k, Leica's ERi 2.5-10x42, and maybe Kahles' Helia 5 in their 1.6-8x40.

Maverick2 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maverick2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2015 at 12:42
Price drop to $1050.
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2015 at 21:41
I see it's got the typical concrete Sako pad on it.   Shocked  You can drive nails with those pads!   

Visit the Ed Show
Maverick2 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maverick2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/18/2015 at 00:59

Originally posted by Son of Ed Son of Ed wrote:

I see it's got the typical concrete Sako pad on it.   Shocked  You can drive nails with those pads!   

Yep.  I dislike the color, shape, and density of the pad, but other than that, it's perfect!  All kidding aside, I do like the pad for fast mounts and shooting off-hand.  It leaves a bit to be desired though for shooting off the bench.

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/18/2015 at 06:28

Ed is such a girl...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/18/2015 at 09:30

And they are glued and pinned on. Removal is a major PIA!
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
stickbow46 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/18/2015 at 17:32
Fast way to remove it is to put the stock in a freezer for 24 hours & wack it with a chisel by the connect to the stock part. At least that's the way I always remove my Remmy pads,just saying.............Ernie
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/18/2015 at 18:01
That's not what you should have to do to a quality product!

WTH?
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic