OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Photography > Hot Shots
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Photo Contest #22 (DEC 2015) "A view"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Photo Contest #22 (DEC 2015) "A view"
    Posted: December/08/2015 at 11:16
Well this one is wide open, so I hope we get a lot of entries showing "a view" of something...

Edited by Skylar McMahon - January/05/2016 at 10:12
-Matt
coyote95 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2015 at 13:42

A View of a new bird hunter
This is my 22 year old daughter, Michelle . I got to take her pheasant hunting a week ago and she loved it. Never too late to start hunting !
"Life is like riding a bicycle . To keep balance you must keep moving" Albert Einstein
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2015 at 13:53
Lovely lady! I LOVE pheasant hunting with dogs.   
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2015 at 14:44
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

Lovely lady! I LOVE pheasant hunting with dogs.   

X2

Two lovely ladies Kevin.
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2015 at 15:32
Nice Kev
Doug
coyote95 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2015 at 15:48
Thanks guys.  The best part of the day was when she said the highlight of it all, was she loved watching Penny work.Smile
"Life is like riding a bicycle . To keep balance you must keep moving" Albert Einstein
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2015 at 15:57
This Much
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2015 at 16:30
I love the sound when a rooster flushes....cackling.  
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2015 at 11:33
Pheasant hunting is way much fun...especially with a good dog. As a kid, we did that a lot. Congrats!
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2015 at 19:53
That's a great photo, Kev!

Two pretty girls there!
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
637mase View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 637mase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2015 at 20:51
Great shot, my question is which cost more, that great looking gun or the champion bread dogSnoopy
I'm a sucker for serious dogs and Penny looks very serious!
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/31/2015 at 16:55
A view of the old Great Falls Mill ruins outside of Rockingham, NC...

Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
sucker76 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sucker76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/31/2015 at 17:21
Beautiful.  What camera/settings did you use?
Stamp collecting since 2015
Skylar McMahon View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/31/2015 at 22:05
SWFA Heli-Pad

Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/31/2015 at 23:09
A foggy winter view:

-Matt
coyote95 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/01/2016 at 12:25
Cool Pictures ! Cool
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/01/2016 at 23:45
Poll is active.
http://opticstalk.com/topic42546_post634063.html#634063

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/2016 at 09:26
Originally posted by sucker76 sucker76 wrote:

Beautiful.  What camera/settings did you use?

Camera was Olympus OMD E-M1 with Oly M. Zuiko 12-40mm f/2.8 lens. I still have, use, and generally prefer my Nikon dslr gear, but I decided to jump on the mirrorless CSC bandwagon to get a much smaller, lighter, yet very capable camera/lens combo for travel. I chose the Oly micro 4/3 route because I like the crop factor for wildlife photos, I like the features of the camera body, and that system offers a great selection of lenses.

Photo taken late in the afternoon on a gloomy, cloudy day, which is my favorite atmosphere for colors. Lens was zoomed to 35mm (70mm equiv on micro 4/3 sensor). Was in manual mode, ISO 250, f/8, handheld, back button focus. Don't remember shutter speed, and not where I can refer back to EXIF data at the moment. I just set the aperture I wanted for DOF then looked at the camera's light meter in the viewfinder, set ISO as low as I felt I could get away with and shutter speed as fast as I could get away with given the light conditions. The in-body image stabilization works remarkably well, so it allows me to keep shutter sopeeds low enough to keep ISO relatively low. Then took sample photo and adjusted shutter speed accordingly to get the mood I wanted. Shot in RAW format, then adjusted color and contrast in Lightroom and tone mapped (single image HDR) in Photomatix Pro to bring out texture in bricks.
Ted

sucker76 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sucker76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/2016 at 13:51
Thanks for sharing Ted.  I have yet to play with HDR or in depth LR adjustments. 
Stamp collecting since 2015
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2016 at 07:59

It was a tie between Kevin and Ted. There is a tie breaker thread. Person with the most votes at 5:00 Pm Central time will be declared the winner.

http://www.opticstalk.com/topic42567_post634667.html#634667

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic