OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Hunting, Fishing & General Outdoors > General Hunting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Crossbow Scopes?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hansheng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crossbow Scopes?
    Posted: December/18/2015 at 13:26
Hey there! I am new to this forum. Hopefully this post is in the right section - I couldn't see a part of the forum specific to crossbows, so thought it might fit in here. 

Here's the question that I have. I got about $200 to spend on a new crossbow scope, as my current one that came with my crossbow has gotten the lens crack - it's practically useless now :(

I've done some research online about what makes quality optics, but thought first hand suggestions here would really help me too.

Anyone here invested in a quality scope for crossbow hunting?
Out Huntin'
Skylar McMahon View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/18/2015 at 13:38

There are actually several aftermarket solutions available out there. One of the nice test I have seen is from Leupold.

It is a 2-7 with hold overs incorporated in and can be used with several Xbows that have varying bolt speed.

Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/18/2015 at 13:39
hansheng View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hansheng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/19/2015 at 02:46
Thanks for the input!
Out Huntin'
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/19/2015 at 08:29
Loupie, Nikon, Vortex all have decent x-bow scopes.
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/23/2015 at 08:30
Ric, Vortex did, but I believe they discontinued the 2.5-10X44 Viper. I will double check and get back with you.
everydaywine View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
Spammer...Mark

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote everydaywine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2016 at 21:01
Nice thread, i have been looking for some info on this. much appreciated.
DCAMM94 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2016 at 08:08
I'm getting the truglo open sight for my dad's x-bow.  He's hunting NM this fall on a mobility impaired certification.  During archery, NM doesn't allow any magnification.  It's interesting because it has several different dot configurations/spacings based on bolt speed.  I tried to convince him to get the EOTech, but he correctly pointed out that it would cost him more than his crossbow.  Good luck.  The neat thing about the Leupy that Skylar pointed out is that it's not marked for magnification, but for the bolt speed you're shooting.  For a faster bolt, you dial in a higher mag, which makes the downrange space between holdover marks less to account for the reduction in drop at a given distance.  It's fairly ingenuitive, because it's a second focal plane scope, so the reticle size stays the same regardless of magnification.
Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel we must not stand in the path of improvement. -Winston Churchill
everydaywine View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
Spammer...Mark

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote everydaywine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2016 at 14:52
Removed link to competitor

Edited by tahqua - May/13/2016 at 08:01
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2016 at 08:03
Don't link other vendors links here, please and thank you.

This is a warning....next time you will be water boarded until you comply.
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic