OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > The Ed Show
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Your favorite B&W Movies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 148149150151152 169>
Author
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/04/2021 at 18:49

Rio Conchos, Original Vintage Film Poster| Original Poster - vintage film  and movie posters

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/18/2021 at 14:40
Amazon.com: The Untouchables: Season 4 Volume 1: Don Hanmer, Robert J.  Wilke, Ed Asner, Alan Dexter, Albert Paulsen, Dorothy Malone, Roy Thinnes,  Adrienne Hayes, Ruth White, Nan Martin, Isabel Jewell, Murvyn Vye,                                  The Untouchables&amp;quot; (1959) TV Intro - YouTube

Van Johnson was scheduled to star in THE UNTOUCHABLES...a two-part Desilu TV production as a pilot for a TV show. Filming was to start Monday morning. Van Johnson would receive $10,000 for it. It was a done deal. But on Friday night Van Johnson tried to squeeze Desi Arnaz for another $10,000 and Arnaz got furious. They were supposed to be in front of the cameras in 48 hours! 

&amp;quot;The Untouchables&amp;quot; promo shot of Robert Stack | Robert stack, Movie stars,  Actors                   The Untouchables (TV Series 1959–1963) - IMDb

On Saturday Desi Arnaz tried to get hold of Robert Stack to see if he would step in at the last minute to play Eliot Ness on Monday morning for $10,000. 

Robert Stack said yes. The show was a smash. Robert Stack won an Emmy in 1960....and he owned 25% of the show.

And he went down in history. 

This is one of my new favorite shows. Robert Stack stars as Elliot Ness, the  leader of the Untouchables as they fight crime … | Tv shows, Robert stack,  Old tv shows

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/18/2021 at 14:48
The Untouchables (Part 2) - Episode Review | The Untouchables Television  Show

DVD Talk                      First pitch thread: Cubs vs. Brewers, Sunday 9/1, 1:20 CT - Bleed Cubbie  Blue

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/19/2021 at 08:36

United Palace (Loew&amp;#39;s 175th Street Theatre) | After the Final Curtain

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/22/2021 at 14:19

Movie Projector GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY                                          Projector GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

Visit the Ed Show
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/22/2021 at 16:06
The school boxing lesson is classic.
God save the Empire!
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/22/2021 at 16:35
I always thought the photography was unbelievable. It won the Academy Award for cinematography, as well as Best Picture, Best Director and more.  

MoMA | John Ford&amp;amp;#39;s How Green Was My Valley

31. How Green Was My Valley (1941) | Wonders in the Dark

How Green Was My Valley (1941) Review |BasementRejects    Hana (Brookline, MA)&amp;amp;#39;s review of How Green Was My Valley

How Green Was My Valley (1941) | Fitheach

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/22/2021 at 16:37

How Green Was My Valley

Visit the Ed Show
Scrumbag View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/23/2021 at 15:04
From Wales 😉
Was sure I had a point when I started this post...
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/23/2021 at 15:31
Yes, but they filmed it in the Santa Monica Valley...John Ford had eighty acres of a Welsh village -mining town built!  
Visit the Ed Show
Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/24/2021 at 19:40
Originally posted by Son of Ed Son of Ed wrote:

Yes, but they filmed it in the Santa Monica Valley...John Ford had eighty acres of a Welsh village -mining town built!  

Certainly better weather. You need about 300 days a year of rain to be truly authentic
Was sure I had a point when I started this post...
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/26/2021 at 15:59

Caftan Woman: Hoppy&amp;#39;s Pals

"It's lemonade, you young whippersnapper!"

Gabby Hayes GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

"Consarnit! Ya made me drop my lemonade, you ornery old sidewinder!"

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/26/2021 at 19:28
Randolph Scott, Gabby Hayes, and Dale Robertson | Classic movie stars, Old  western movies, Old hollywood stars

"Well, let's see if Gabby knows how to make lemonade!"  

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/04/2021 at 19:26

RETROSPECTIVE Archives - Filmuforia

Watch: Otto Preminger&amp;#39;s Film Noir Classic &amp;#39;Laura&amp;#39; In Full; James Ellroy  Penning Remake | IndieWire

Lindsey on Twitter: &amp;quot;#AugMovieChallenge Day 11, Favorite sleuth: Mystery  writer/wannabe sleuth Paula Bradford (Jean Arthur) in &amp;#39;The Ex-Mrs.  Bradford&amp;#39; (1936)… https://t.co/cfjg1ALGd4&amp;quot;

Matinée Moustache — Dana Andrews in Laura (1944)  Laura (1944) - IMDb

UB Events Calendar - Buffalo Film Seminars Present Otto Preminger&amp;#39;s LAURA  (1944)

Pin on MOVIES

Laura (1944) | Classic Film    Gene tierney otto preminger maudit GIF - Find on GIFER

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/04/2021 at 19:51
Film Technique in Laura (1944) | Ken Zimmerman Jr.

File:Dana Andrews in Laura trailer.jpg - Wikipedia

Laura &amp;#39;44- Gene Tierney /HD_DigestBook - YouTube

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/06/2021 at 15:03

Kahn yeah madeline GIF - Find on GIFER

Visit the Ed Show
NDhunter View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NDhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/2021 at 21:28
I have recently watched 2 Hitchcock movies, Vertigo, starring James Stewart and Kim Novack,
and Rear Window, James Stewart and Grace Kelly.

These are very good movies with an outstanding cast, those actresses are astounding.

Alfred Hitchcock was a master of his craft.

Compared to the movies being made today, these classics are at another, higher level.
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/26/2021 at 06:32

Kim novak vertigo GIF - Find on GIFER

GIF kim novak vertigo alfred hitchcock - animated GIF on GIFER

I thought Kim Novak was fantastic in VERTIGO. 

Hitchcock wanted to use Vera Miles but she got pregnant so he wound up hiring Kim Novak. I don't think Vera Miles would have been as effective. 

Alfred Hitchcock&amp;#39;s Vertigo in 3 GIFs: The latest Classic Cinema in 3 GIFs.

VSQUARED | Colour: The Ultimate Storytelling Tool - The Cool Ones

Kim novak vintage hitchcock GIF - Find on GIFER

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/26/2021 at 06:38
Dial M for Murder Movie Review | Movie Reviews Simbasible

My favorite Grace Kelly Hitchcock movie is Dial M For Murder.... 

Pin on Movie cool stuff

Alfred Hitchcock Dials Up “Dial M for Murder” | The Hitchcock Report

Tonights Movie:Dial M for Murder | Horror Amino

EL TELÉFONO EN EL CINE | Cumbres Borrascosas

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/26/2021 at 06:52
Quotes about Johnny Carson (51 quotes)

Visit the Ed Show
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 148149150151152 169>
  Share Topic