OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

athlon rifle scopes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote driller2948 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2016 at 11:21
Just so you know I did drop $2,800 at SWFA yesterday on two new AR's scope mounts & ammo!  So IMO that's huge apology!  Right Laugh 
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2016 at 11:27
You are forgiven...Go in peace, my son.

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2016 at 11:30
Now that's funny!!!!!
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2016 at 13:26
driller, no one thought your error was malicious.  You were just being reminded to: 

PAY ATTENTION!!!!

Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
fiveshotdot View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fiveshotdot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2016 at 02:16
Not sure if this is allowed, but here is s great review including pictures of the cronos.
http://www.scout.com/military/snipers-hide/forums/5511-rifle-scopes/14402673-athlon-scopes?s=541&page=6

Edited to hyperlink the URL…

Edited by Kickboxer - February/07/2016 at 08:22
Instagram ID tactidad
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2016 at 08:22
There is generally no rules violation for linking to a review of an item, provided it is not a sales pitch/link to a sales competitor.   Optics Talk is an information based forum provided and sponsored by SWFA.  Technical reviews of hunting/shooting based items are welcomed.  Great leeway is given… but not when it comes to advertising another company's products/prices.  

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2016 at 08:47
Originally posted by fiveshotdot fiveshotdot wrote:

Not sure if this is allowed, but here is s great review including pictures of the cronos.
http://www.scout.com/military/snipers-hide/forums/5511-rifle-scopes/14402673-athlon-scopes?s=541&page=6

Edited to hyperlink the URL…

I read through the linked Snipers Hide thread.  Interesting to note that the Athlon warranty is exactly the same as the Swift warranty used to be… once you purchase, if anything goes wrong, they'll replace or repair it… their fault, your fault, nobody's fault… no questions.  
I am interested enough to try it out.  

notorious View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notorious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2016 at 09:43
I was very close to purchasing the Cronus for $1520, but I held off.

I kept telling myself "If something sounds too good to be true....."

New products always come out in a sprint.  I will be patient and wait until the middle of the race to make a decision.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2016 at 09:57
Originally posted by notorious notorious wrote:

I was very close to purchasing the Cronus for $1520, but I held off.

I kept telling myself "If something sounds too good to be true....."

New products always come out in a sprint.  I will be patient and wait until the middle of the race to make a decision.

Agree, I'm not going to jump on the "high end" just yet.  

Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2016 at 10:21
The fact that there are no dealers within 500 miles of where I live is enough to scare me.
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
driller2948 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote driller2948 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2016 at 10:37
Originally posted by Peddler Peddler wrote:

The fact that there are no dealers within 500 miles of where I live is enough to scare me.

It's growing online at least!  Eight new sources to buy through.  That make Nine new sources over the last two weeks.  I know that's still limited but starting to grow.    
kickin45 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kickin45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2016 at 17:24
I have no doubt that the Cronus is a great scope. It is designed and made in Japan's top optical factories. The radical looks amazing as does the clarity to the glass. But for nearly $1600, there are literally dozens of other scope brands that I have years if not decades of positive feedback and most are considered some of the best scopes in the world.
I just can't see spending that type of money on an unproven optic. I'd go with a Sightron SIII first, which is the same glass, very similar ret and about HALF the price. Imho
kickin45 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kickin45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2016 at 17:25
Reticle* not radical. Stupid auto correct!!!!
fiveshotdot View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fiveshotdot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2016 at 23:21
Here are my opinions and findings of my trip to Athlon today. Unfortunately, I did not take any video. The reason I didn't paste here was I referenced another members review. He did a much better job than I could have to convey how nice the Cronus line really is.

Edited by cheaptrick - February/09/2016 at 04:56
Instagram ID tactidad
wranglerdog View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wranglerdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2016 at 05:25
Well   
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2016 at 09:08
Originally posted by Rancid Coolaid Rancid Coolaid wrote:

Wranglerdog, maybe I started this off on the wrong footing, let's start over.

Please explain to me, in as much detail as you can, your process for evaluating the optical clarity, the mechanical repeatability, and the overall quality of a rifle scope.

With that, I can begin to weight your opinions.

I have not used that or any other Athlon scope, so you most definitely have data in hand I do not.  That said, I have extensive experience with Zeiss and Nightforce.
To which specific Zeiss and Nightforce scopes were you comparing the Athlon?

Originally posted by wranglerdog wranglerdog wrote:

Well   
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
HKtoTikka View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HKtoTikka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2016 at 10:22
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

I read through the linked Snipers Hide thread.  Interesting to note that the Athlon warranty is exactly the same as the Swift warranty used to be… once you purchase, if anything goes wrong, they'll replace or repair it… their fault, your fault, nobody's fault… no questions.  
I am interested enough to try it out.  

The scope or the warranty < pound, pound, tinkle >?   Bandito
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2016 at 11:17
He'll probably do both by shooting the scope and sending it in for warranty repair....  Howdy
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

wranglerdog View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wranglerdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2016 at 14:11
OK I was so impressed with the argos 6/24/50 I ordered a Midas 4.5/27 /50 can't wait to shoot a mile .
driller2948 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote driller2948 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2016 at 14:00
Saturday was a great day of shooting if not for the wind.  100 rounds of 223 and the scope was flawless. Tracked great and passed my box test.  Now for a less windy day so I can figure out what grain this new AR likes to eat. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>
  Share Topic