OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

NF NXS 1-4 vs SWFA 1-4 HD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeF60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NF NXS 1-4 vs SWFA 1-4 HD
    Posted: March/19/2016 at 07:16
Hi I am attempting to get some information on these two scopes. I looked through an older NF 1-4 and there is some distortion in the glass where the edges are pretty soft, the center is really sharp. I saw the SWFA 1-4 HD is about half the price but I don't know anyone that has one. I am trying to learn if the SWFA 1-4HD is clear edge to edge, if it is a true 1X when set on 1X, and if the reticle is pretty good from close range to 300 yards. If there is a review article of this optic can someone please let me know.
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2016 at 07:52
Yes to all the SS scope is fantastic, especially for the price.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
MikieG View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikieG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2016 at 08:27
Supertool73 pretty much said it all.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2016 at 12:16
The 1-4x24 NXS is a nice scope, but it is a fairly old design. It holds up exceptionally well, but newer scopes tend to bed better. The HD version of SWFA 1-4x24 is a FFP design, so the look of the reticle us different as itv zooms together with the image. NXS is SFP, so the reticle dues not change with the image.
Honestly, as much as I like the 1-4x HD, you should really look at the 1-6X24 HD that SWFA has. It gives you more capability for not to much more money.

I prefer both to the NXS, though.

ILya
MikeF60 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeF60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2016 at 15:31
do you have them both? I appreciate your comment that it is fantastic but was hoping for a bit more of "why" it was fantastic, how does it compare optically to the 1-4NXS? I have no doubt the scope is probably as durable as the 1-4 NF, how do you like the FFP reticle compared to the NF SFP reticle?  
MikeF60 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeF60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2016 at 15:32
this was in reply to supertool73 comments, I thought I was replying to his post. 
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2016 at 16:11
No. U asked if the SS was clear edge to edge, true 1x, and good from 0 to 300 yards. I said yes to those things.

I have owned one since the first release and shot 1000s of rounds through it. And they are a fantastic scope. You will have to spend quite a bit more to get one that is better overall.

Optically you won't find much that is better. The SS HD glass is very good.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

MikeF60 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeF60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2016 at 05:44
thanks this makes it worthwhile, the NF is a good scope but not sure about the image.
MikieG View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikieG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2016 at 08:08
I think all scopes in question have images better than any of us truy deserve. That said, i bought the 1-6SS. Bang for the buck is impressive. Thinkin of buying another one this year.
The HD SS scopes are quite like mini sniper scopes. The first focal plane reticles and mil turrets are extreemly usable in many more applications not just for blaster guns.
Throw that optic in an ADM mount and it is ready to ride upon any rifle for nearly any mission. The value this rig represents is awesome!!
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2016 at 08:34
A 1-6 is definitely on my to buy list. I love my 1-4, and i sure i would love the 1-6x more

gglass View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gglass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/22/2016 at 14:31
I own the SS 1-6 HD and find that the image quality is far better than scopes costing more than 2x more. My SS 1-6 HD is always a hit at local competitions where shooters ask what it is and are amazed at the image quality for the price. I'm thinking that SWFA should be sending me a commission check soon for all the scopes I've sold by just by demoing the couple that I have.
"Let me guess... This isn't about the alcohol or tobacco."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic