OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Which Aimpoint to Get

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which Aimpoint to Get
    Posted: May/04/2016 at 13:42
Finally took the significant other to the gun club. Don't ask me about teaching her to use iron sights. Shooting with a scope was not much better. Another member let her shoot with a red dot. After which she wanted to know why I don't own one. Also, why doesn't my gun shoot the target that she was aiming at with the red dot. She thinks the red dot was made by Aimpoint. What do you think about the T-2, H-2 and Pro Patrol? Thanks.
Charles
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2016 at 14:36
I have a t2 it is a great little red dot.

If you want to save some money try a holosun hs403g

Thye are not as nice as the aimpoint t2 but for $200 they are not bad at all

http://www.holosun.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=78

Edited by supertool73 - May/04/2016 at 15:13
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2016 at 16:20
Trijicon MRO is another option, some dub it "T2 killer".
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2016 at 16:48
Originally posted by mike650 mike650 wrote:

Check your fire!

My advice is let your budget decide.  Any of the last 3 generations are awesome, the newest are the best in many ways, but the older stuff is still great and now more economical.

On your significant other, check eye dominance.  Making a left eye domination shooter run irons or magnifying optic with weak eye can be frustrating and error-prone.  With a reflex site, the problem is diminished since both eyes are open and doing some work.

Just a thought.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2016 at 16:57
Originally posted by mike650 mike650 wrote:

REALLY!!??? You just got dropped off the Christmas card list, Mister! I hope it was worth it. Big Grin
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2016 at 17:30
LoL, easy tigers, I love my T1 too, my Comp m2's no slouch either.  Wink

The T2 Killer info was passed on to me from someone very reliable, connected and that we all know and love. The cost and well thought out features make the MRO at least worth checking out.

“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2016 at 20:37
It is officially on the list now, if only to debunk this whole "better than Aimpoimt" line!
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2016 at 14:53
I got my hands on a MRO today.  My bro in law has one and is letting me borrow it for a bit. 

I have not compared it to my T2 yet, but I can tell already it has a bit larger FOV.  It does magnify the image every so slightly.  I had read that they do, and it is very very slight.  Not enough that I think it would ever cause a bit of trouble. 

I will try to do some shooting with them side by side soon. 
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2016 at 15:03
I am liking the 1-4 SS a lot on the M4. But this MRO discussion has my interest.
Doug
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2016 at 16:29
What does "better FOV" mean on a red dot when used with both eyes open? I never understood that statement. When I use an Aimpoint, both eyes open, all I see is a dot superimposed on a target. I honestly barely even notice the optics housing. 

Respectfully, of course.   
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2016 at 19:41
I have owned several by Aimpoint - Comp M4s is my favorite just like the lower battery placement compared to Comp M4. I also run the 9000L in two 30 mm rings on some heavy recoil guns. The entire line seems to work well.  I do also like Trijicon's compact ACOG s which are low power optics with clear glass and tritium + fiber optic illumination the red crosshair is my favorite.  The special thing about the Aimpoint scope is that you do not have to have the dot centered no matter where in the glass the dot is that corresponds with point of impact so long as you are sighted in at that distance.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2016 at 20:30
I believe the MRO is the same, you don't have to have the dot centered for point of impact. The MRO adjustments seem easier too, no tool or cap needed like my T1. Only seen 'em in a store, like to hear Jason's field review.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2016 at 22:28
Aimpoint's electronic reflex sights are manufactured using a unique patented double front lens which eliminates the parallax error inherent in other red dot sights. This feature allows the shooter to get on target more quickly and shoot more accurately, because the dot does not need to be centered inside the sight; if the dot is on it, then you will hit it.

http://swfa.com/Aimpoint-C4.aspx

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2016 at 09:02
I have 4 different red dots to play with. T2, MRO, Spark, Holosun. With all of them u can move your head around and the dot will stay on the same point. I habe not ahot the mro yet, but the ither 3 all work that way with actual shooting as well.

As far as fov, while shooting with both eyes may make FOV of the optic seem unimportant. The optic itself still offers a much larger fov when looking through them side by side T2 and MRO.

Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2016 at 23:22

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic