OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Irritated

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenhorn#1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Irritated
    Posted: May/14/2016 at 15:28
First of all thank you to all of the members who have provided so much first hand knowledge . Saving time and money . Kudos to y'all, been reading for a couple years now . It's only now that I have a issue , crying for help lol !! Did I join , but y'all are stuck with me now haha !!!
Bought a Vortex Crossfire 2 4x16x50ao from Cabelas . I know its their entry level scopes . budget was cut in half after buying my wife a Vortex Strike eagle, so the crossfire was my only path . My problem with this scope is from day one it wasn't right . The erector screw was loose( per vortex ) and parallax was out. So I send it back and they were snappy about turn around and got a nice shirt . So that's all cool . But I sit down today to mount this thing again . Despise mounting scopes twice !!!!! And it's got a rattle in it . A rattle !!! So I'm at a crossroads here . Ask for refund , because at this point I don't want this scope setting on my rifle . And I don't want a new one . Im opening my budget so I can get something better . Suggestions or give them a chance ? Thank you all
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2016 at 16:39
Welcome to Optics Talk. I'm sorry your having troubles. 
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2016 at 16:42
I'd give Vortex another shot. Vortex really goes out of their way to treat customers right. 
Greenhorn#1 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenhorn#1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2016 at 17:55
Thank you for the responses . I would chance a viper , but as to which well their in lies the foreplay . But I've lost trust in this paticular line and will not spend anther dime on them . The Vortex Strike eagle has been superb and crystal clear . I hope they refund me .
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenhorn#1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2016 at 18:03
here's what I need gentlemen . Since I didn't lay it out .
50mm obj
Adj parallax
Reticle with holdovers
Preferred mrad
Don't care about lighted reticle
30mm tube so I can use my mounts
Wouldn't mind a 6x whatever
My longest shot would be 300 yards on a beaver on the farm .
I got 700bucks
Talk to me lol   

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2016 at 18:39
http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-3-15x42-Tactical-Rifle-Scope-P87716.aspx

Next? 

We also do relationship advise, political opinion, and we got a guy who will do your taxes, but he takes ONLY cash under the table, works only every other Friday.... Big Grin 
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenhorn#1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2016 at 20:06
Thank you sir , digging into it now . Waiting till Monday till after I speak to vortex before I pull trigger . But this brand has been on my radar . As well as Sightiron .
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenhorn#1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2016 at 20:16

[Next? 

We also do relationship advise, political opinion, and we got a guy who will do your taxes, but he takes ONLY cash under the table, works only every other Friday.... Big Grin 

[/QUOTE]

Hilarious .
Snack_Attack View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snack_Attack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2016 at 20:29
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-3-15x42-Tactical-Rifle-Scope-P87716.aspx

Next? 

We also do political opinion. Big Grin 

So what do yall think about the upcoming Trump VS Clinton race?   
We've become a nation of wolves ruled by sheep, owned by swine, over fed, and put to sleep.

-Otep
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenhorn#1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2016 at 20:38
Oh man lol , it's all a show anymore . I've voted in every election and always republican . But with my wife recovering from open heart surgery and heart valve replacement at the ripe of 34 all derived from a tick bite . I haven't had time to let that in . No worries , she's strong and back to being mean !!! But idk . I like that Trump doesn't take Sh*t .
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenhorn#1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2016 at 19:23
update : Talked to vortex and getting refund . That was cool . I wouldn't hesitate to buy another because of the peace of mind that they will make it right . However I won't touch anything under a viper now . With that I will wait and stack dollars and learn what I really need . Thank you gentleman and will start new thread soon about what would fit my needs . Optics are quickly becoming a obsession .

Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2016 at 19:35
You are in the right place😎.
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenhorn#1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2016 at 19:50
update : Talked to vortex and getting refund . That was cool . I wouldn't hesitate to buy another because of the peace of mind that they will make it right . However I won't touch anything under a viper now . With that I will wait and stack dollars and learn what I really need . Thank you gentleman and will start new thread soon about what would fit my needs . Optics are quickly becoming a obsession .

Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2016 at 20:09

Delaware!  What a pretty state!  

Visit the Ed Show
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenhorn#1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2016 at 18:57
Originally posted by Son of Ed Son of Ed wrote:

Delaware!  What a pretty state!  

Not sure if that was sarcastic haha . It has its places but overdeveloped . I'm sure in its prime it was quite nice . A peninsula with the Chesapeake bay on one side and the Atlantic on the other with jersey the sand bar wedged in there . I'm from the Gulf of Mexico area and I miss it . I'm rooted now and I would sadly miss it if I moved .
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2016 at 19:06
No...seriously, Delaware farmland looks like the Eastern Shore of the Chesapeake.  Pretty.  I've driven through it.  

Visit the Ed Show
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenhorn#1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2016 at 19:22
My family has a farm on the Maryland line . It's the only one left in the area . Most farms sold prior to the stock market crash . Some of those farms that would be golf courses and devlopements are now bankrupt and the land sits unused . I'm not complaining just wish those farms were back at it .
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic