OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Glock Slide Milling Work Wanted

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Glock Slide Milling Work Wanted
    Posted: July/23/2016 at 17:49
I'm looking for someone who does good work. I want one of my Glock Slides milled so I may install a RMR Optic on it...Lots of places do it, although I would like to hear your experience please.
Thanks!
J
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/23/2016 at 19:47
Interesting Julio , but not something I have done.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/23/2016 at 21:20
Some will chime in.

I have 2 red dots on glock slides, one MOS and one done by LoneWolf, both work great.

What is the purpose of the red dot on your glock?

Red dot pistol shooting takes some training and some time on range, it is not as simple as one might think transitioning form irons to red dot.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
JF4545 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/2016 at 15:22
Hi Wes   Howdy Ha Ha!

Oh I suppose I can send it to LoneWolf. Just wondering where you guys have tried. looking at the Trijicon RMR. Looks fun!
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/2016 at 15:32
Not something I have tried.  I do have two scoped pistols both single shot encores one has an Aimpoint 9000L on it both are big and clunky and don't see much use but are legal to hunt with here.
For me I'm not sure I see an advantage on a glock but I really like the new night sights.
Trijicon HD Night Sight
Trijicon HD Night Sight
Stock # - GL101O
  • Glock Night Sight Set - Orange Front Outline.
  • Fits Glock 17, 17L, 19, 20, 21, 21SF, 22, 23, 24, 26, 27, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 37, 38 and 39.
$134.00
http://swfa.com/Glock-C3522.aspx

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/2016 at 18:04
+1 on the Trijicon HD's, most of my pistols now wear 'em. They come in two front sight colors, orange or yellow, guess it's a personal preference but I've tried both and prefer the orange.
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/2016 at 07:04
I used jcsguns johnnyscustomgun@aol.com for my 19. He dose great work.
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/2016 at 10:19
Originally posted by JF4545 JF4545 wrote:

Hi Wes   Howdy Ha Ha!

Oh I suppose I can send it to LoneWolf. Just wondering where you guys have tried. looking at the Trijicon RMR. Looks fun!

Getting comfortable with a red dot on a pistol takes WAY more time and practice than you think.  Be ready to commit to that!

My carry guns are conventional sights, my red dots are special purpose guns like suppressed NV sidearms (traditional sights and night vision are not good friends.)
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/26/2016 at 10:30
I milled quite a few Glock slides at my previous employer. About half included mounting seats for Trijicon RMR, and a few for Leupold Deltapoint. I have a tricked-out G20 10mm that I machined for RMR as a hog hunting sidearm, and have been very happy with it. I can post pics if you wish. Although I no longer work there, I'm still friends with my previous boss and I go by there often. The only reason I'm not still working there anymore is because our work was highly dependent on supporting oil and gas products manufacturing and the energy market bust over the past 2 years has caused him to struggle to keep the shop open. Nevertheless, he still has the CNC programs for slide machining, so if you decide you want to get yours milled for the RMR, I'm sure I can help you get it done. We later started coordinating this work through SWFA to aid in marketing and simplify billing, but I left shortly after that began and I'm not sure if that relationship continued or not after I left. 
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/26/2016 at 10:49
I was gonna recommend Ted, but I wasn't sure he had access to that equipment any longer.

Ted, post those pics of your Glockers, if you would.  
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/26/2016 at 23:03
Here's my tricked out G20SF (10mm) with slide milling cuts of my design along with integral RMR seat. It was built entirely from parts, with the only actual Glock parts being the frame, mag release button, slide stop lever, locking block, and magazine. All remaining parts are aftermarket. The base slide I machined the cuts into was a Lone Wolf "20T Solid Top - Long." I then had the slide salt bath black nitrided after machining. It has an EFK Firedragon 6" ported barrel, Pyramid trigger assy, and an assortment of aftermarket parts throughout. The RMR is the LED model with 1MOA dot. Since it isn't a SHTF pistol, it doesn't have BUIS, it's RMR or bust. It shoots really well and is a lot of fun! 

At the risk of stating the obvious, this is not a carry gun. I built it with the intended purpose of short range hog hunting (15+1 rds of 10mm on tap is pretty formidable hog medicine) and general range fun...and just for the hell of it because I didn't have anything better to do at the time.

Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2016 at 21:29
That's one slick sexy beast!
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2016 at 22:27
Thanks, buddy; I'm flattered!

But what about my G20?
Ted

JF4545 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/28/2016 at 12:47
Its is very cool Ted!!!Excellent

I have a Model 27, 23 and 35. I just ordered the Tricon Night Sites for the Model 23, the HRs in Green/Orange, should help these eyes...

However, I would like to try the Trijicon RMR on the model 35. I think it might be interesting.

I understand what Jeff is saying, but Im not so old that I cannot learn new tricks!Smile Gosh, I sure hope not, hahaha!

I will send you a PM Ted, Thanks!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic