OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Hunting, Fishing & General Outdoors > General Hunting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Trespassers on your lease

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lockjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trespassers on your lease
    Posted: September/03/2016 at 19:46
Love to hear some creative advice on how to address's this issue. Game warden to busy and law enforcement is not entirely interested. We have issues with riding roads, littering tearing down gates, cutting locks etc. It is never ending.   

Since it's a club i want to fly under the radar a little. Not afford to be out on Atv and confront one if i am packing or have ar15.

I'm fixing to get a cheap camera and set it up at gate.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/03/2016 at 20:47
It varies by state what you can do but the  camera or trail cams to identify who is doing what is a safer choice than confronting them and once you have info on who or have the license plate law enforcement will become more interested than what they will be with nothing to go on but a complaint. 

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/04/2016 at 09:10
Get a few cameras, be discreet or they will disappear.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
billyburl2 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/04/2016 at 09:32
This really makes me appreciate where I live! Having access to millions of acres of public land to hunt or camp or fish. Love Arizona!
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/04/2016 at 10:06
Call 334-242-3465 that's Montgomrey, then ask for Kenny Bradford's number he is the guy for Shelby Co. I use to have it but it's not in my phone.
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
cpwomack View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpwomack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/04/2016 at 22:09
I mounted cameras about 25 feet up a tree on an adjustable mount. Have them at all entry points and strategically placed throughout my property. After I had several people arrested for criminal trespassing and vandalism they learned to stay away. I didn't give anyone any slack, once I posted the property I took the pictures to the SO and pressed charges. In the area where my property is I really didn't have a choice, no one respects private property.
Lockjaw View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lockjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/05/2016 at 08:01
I bought a cheap wild game innovations camera for the front haye and am going to try to get it mounted someplace that it's not noticeable. I wish the lights didn't glow red.but i hate to pay for a blackout one and have it stolen.

I really feel like prosecution of a few will help greatly.

I really wish there were ways to get bailing wire wrapped around driveshafts and other innocuous things that cause repair bills and tow fees and things like that where it couldn't be tied back to someone.

I'd love a spike strip in the creek but feel like the club people would figure out that was me. I'm not the only member upset about it. How do you go out there with several hundred dollars in camera's or leave a summit climber and feel like it will be there when you come back. ??
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/05/2016 at 08:33
...such a difference from fifty years ago.....

Visit the Ed Show
cpwomack View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpwomack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/05/2016 at 09:03
My cameras are mounted high, and safety wired to the tree. They tried to knock them down, didn't work and I got pictures of them. I always chain my climber to the tree if I am leaving it, heavy duty chain. Look for cameras at pawn shops, the Detective that I have dealt with told me that is what they do when using them during drug investigations. I was able to get five decent cameras for about $40 each. I made mounts with a 1/4-20 eye bolt and a screw in eye bolt. Here are the plans for them that I found.

http://cambushcamo.com/blogs/news/9586237-do-it-yourself-trail-camera-mount

The mounts allow me to mount the cameras up high and still get decent pictures.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/07/2016 at 08:02

Shoot a few, the others will get the message - kidding of course

Cameras and trespass charges work better than anything else. If you can get a game warden to help you and they catch them in the act they can potentially loose anything they have with them, which is a real deterrent.

"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/07/2016 at 09:27
Put up signs along the property boundaries and along trails inside the property that say "WARNING: 24 HOUR SECURITY CAMERAS IN USE," "IF YOU CAN READ THIS, YOU HAVE ALREADY BEEN PHOTOGRAPHED!" etc.

Thieves suck!
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/07/2016 at 12:22
Did some holes near the gate with a backhoe. Fill a couple up with loose dirt. Partially bury some road kill and leave some large bones sticking out of the ground. Place a sign on the open hole that says next!. Wink
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/07/2016 at 13:48
Signs I have seen or thought of: 1.NO TRESPASSING
                                                      If you can read this,
                                                           your in range
                                                     2. WARNING
                                                    GAME RESERVE
                                                       If your here
                                                        your game
                                                    3. Do you believe in life after death?
                                                            Trespass here and find out
                                                    4. WARNING
                                                 ACTIVE ARTILLERY
                                                     IMPACT AREA
                                       KEEP OUT

Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Lockjaw View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lockjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2016 at 16:36
Well, they had a fun day tearing stuff up out there. The upside is all the brush I put out evidently managed to get one of them semi stuck. The ground had black marks all over the place, and there was a broken tow strap. 

If only I could find some rusty barb wire out there. I'd cut it down and spread it around where they go around the gate, and hope it tore up a driveshaft. 

I emailed a guy at another club down my way and he has the same problems. I did find about 10 glass beer bottles, so I tucked them in under some of the brush they drive over. May or may not do anything. 

Timber co has to come put up a new gate for us too. I still say we need to give 2 deputies a free membership each. All they have to do is deal with trespassing. 

I got my camera and the camo flage stuff for it. I just need to set it up and see if I can get anyone on it. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic