OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

What is this about:Remington recall???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is this about:Remington recall???
    Posted: September/23/2016 at 01:11

REMINDER TO REMINGTON RIFLE OWNERS

A Settlement Has Been Proposed in an Economic Loss Lawsuit that Alleges Safety Defects

You may be eligible to have your firearm retrofitted or receive other benefits

Recently, a federal judge ordered the parties in an economic-loss class action to remind owners of certain Remington firearms that a settlement has been reached. The settlement involves two classes. The first class includes owners of firearms that utilize a trigger connector. The second class includes owners of firearms that utilize the X-Mark Pro trigger mechanism that is the subject of a voluntary safety recall. The settlement allows owners of Remington models 700, Seven, and related models to have their trigger replaced free of charge, among other benefits.

The settlement was entered following allegations that Remington firearms can fire without a trigger pull. Remington denies those allegations with respect to the trigger connector but is offering trigger replacements to ensure continued satisfaction for its valuable customers. With respect to X-Mark Pro trigger mechanisms, Remington has implemented a voluntary safety recall. If you own a firearm that is subject to the safety recall, stop using your firearm immediately.  Safety has always been a priority for Remington.

Even if you do nothing you will be bound by the Court’s decisions. If you want to keep your right to sue the Defendants yourself, you must exclude yourself from the Settlement Class by November 18, 2016. If you stay in the Settlement Class, you may object to the Settlement by November 18, 2016.

Call 1-800-876-5940 now to learn the models involved, make your claim or find out more. Or visit www.remingtonfirearmsclassactionsettlement.com.

Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2016 at 07:51
It's a class action suit, about a trigger design issue. I've gone over to Timney ergo I don't care. Owned Remmy 700's for as long as I can remember and have never had an AD in my life.
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2016 at 02:33
Me too...Timney the way to go.
cowski View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2016 at 21:54
i just got my 700 back from remington for the X-Mark Pro trigger recall. the bolt release has a punch mark on it.the trigger is smoother after the recall. i was real pleased.
never corner something meaner than you are jbc
Lockjaw View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lockjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/04/2016 at 15:43
Mine is set super low and I have never had an issue with it. I think I even checked with a local gunsmith and mine isn't one of the affected guns. 

mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/04/2016 at 21:18
+2, Went Timney immediately after purchasing my last two 700's.
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic