OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Delta optical titanium scopes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300grains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Delta optical titanium scopes
    Posted: October/31/2016 at 16:35
Good or bad ?
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/31/2016 at 18:54
I think Delta Optical is a European importer of a bunch of Chinese OEM scopes with their own reticles.

This forum is a bit US Centric, so I do not know too much about these, but I am familiar with these OEMs.  It comes down to how much QC the importer is willing to do.

ILya
300grains View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300grains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/31/2016 at 19:15
Thanks for the information.
Gerry Atric View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Atric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/31/2016 at 22:18
I think that Delta Optical is a Polish importer of japanese rifle scopes (Titanium series OEM by LOW) and chinese binoculars.

The scopes are being sold in Sweden through a respectable dealer who claims that the scopes are made in Japan. I bought Delta binoculars, Delta Forrest II, chinese made but to my ageing eyes a good buy.

Gerry Atric

Edited by Gerry Atric - October/31/2016 at 22:33
dw0229 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dw0229 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2016 at 10:13
The Titanium series of rifle scopes are manufactured in Japan. Most likely in or a division of Light Optical. They are generally regarded as good quality. From what I have seen most all of these Japanese scopes are basically out of a similar mold. Trijicon Accupoint is Japanese offering that has a wonderful reticle , second to none imo. But the glass has not particularly impressed me. Not bad for its price point though. Tract optics is where I would go for Japanese scopes or binoculars. I have used the binos and they are amazing. What sets them apart from some of the others is (and this is not from me but from John @ Tract) is they bring their Scott glass and specs to Light Optical and Light builds accordingly. Some very good quality and the price is right.
dw0229 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dw0229 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2016 at 10:24
My phone won't let me correctly spell the glass brand.
Altrisk View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Altrisk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/21/2017 at 06:06
Just read a review of these scopes. Unfortunately in Afrikaans.  Made by LOW.   Original Equipment Manufacturers's (OEM's).  Each scope is sent to DEVA institute in Germany for testing. 10 year guarantee.  Compared it with his  Kahles K624i.

Some pics of the review.
http://www.jaracal.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=52835&p=664623#p664623

kesi View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kesi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/21/2017 at 10:24
I was surprised by quality of Delta Titanium 4-16x42 & 6-24x42 AO and good glass 24x is nice, little loss of light. My elite 3200 5-15x40AO provides more photons on both 15x, but it is not a big difference. The contrast came to me with a subjectively better Titanium, colors nice in both, CA is small. Precise click, smooth operation of all parts.

http://www.strelectvi.info/cz200s/recenze/delta_titanium/delta_titanium.htm

Is made in Japan, like all Titanium, they also have better HD glass

=> https://deltaoptical.pl/szukaj.php

Edit: I'm sorry, I'm using google translator ...

Edited by kesi - June/21/2017 at 13:28
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/21/2017 at 13:25
Wow! Sweden, South Africa, Czech Republic, Alabama.................. what an international groupBucky

love your avatar Altrisk. That your snake?
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
kesi View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kesi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/22/2017 at 07:58
Originally posted by 300grains 300grains wrote:

Good or bad ?

Good Titanium/HD

They have a great offer

Edit: I do not know how to insert a functional link

Edited by RifleDude - June/22/2017 at 09:44
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/22/2017 at 10:04
I embedded your YouTube video in your post for you, kesi.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/22/2017 at 11:37
I've had some interaction with the owner of Delta Optical.  Seems like a good guy.

I suspect they will try to come to SHOT next year, so I will try to get some hand on time with them.

ILya
hatton mann View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatton mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/22/2017 at 18:26
Good review. And the guy managed to express himself w/o saying 'awesome' once. And,,, look ma' , no foul language...
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/23/2017 at 06:59
Originally posted by hatton mann hatton mann wrote:

Good review. And the guy managed to express himself w/o saying 'awesome' once. And,,, look ma' , no foul language...

That's awesome…

Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
kesi View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kesi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/23/2017 at 14:34
verminator View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2017 at 12:48
i have the 2.5-15x56  HD says it all in the vid above  can get these cheaper from the EUBig Smile 
Dirtyoldsix View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirtyoldsix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/03/2021 at 03:28
If you can see it you can hit it.
Gerry Atric View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Atric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/03/2021 at 22:49
Don´t forget the Delta Forest II binoculars  i have had mine for many years now, (supposedly built in China). The best "affordable" pair of binoculars I´ve ever owned.....

Gerry Atric
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/03/2021 at 22:56
Delta does good things with their binos and they really pay attention to ergonomics.  I have Delta Chase 10x42 binoculars and their new 9x45 LRF bino.  I am pretty happy with both, and I am exceptionally picky.

ILya
SEMO Shooter View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SEMO Shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/2021 at 14:27
How is the eye relief on these?  Is it finicky?  Does it change much from low magnification to high?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic